Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Finding (Old) Friends

Finding (Old) Friends Come here if you want to find and catch up with your old friends. Also try the School Forums if your friend was associated with one.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:38 AM

wrobeln is on a distinguished road
Murray School or Boroko Swimming Club??

Hi guys.

My name is Neil Wrobel. My family and I lived in PNG until 1990.I'm trying to get in touch with anyone who remembers me from Murray Primary School. I was in Mr Rudsdale's class before I left in 1990.
I am also eager to contact anyone from Boroko Swimming Club who remembers my family and I. Names off the top of my head are the Pini family, Shannon Liew, the Commerfords, the Mullers, Nick Frazer, or anyone who has been associated with the club in the past.

Cheers.
Neil.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 20-07-2004, 08:52 PM

David Fell is on a distinguished road
yeah - I'm pretty sure you were in my class? where are you now?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:05 PM

wrobeln is on a distinguished road
Yeh, I remember you, I think!!!!

Hi David.

I think I remember you. Did you used to have floppy blonde hair?
I live in the UK just near Manchester. Are you in Sydney? I'm coming over to Oz next year to see my mates. What do you do now? Ever think about going back to PNG for a visit?
Old 09-08-2004, 10:16 AM

David Fell is on a distinguished road
Yep - that was me! I'm in Sydney and found this website a couple of weeks ago...I was able to find Nana Gilbert Baffoe which was cool because we got on really well at school and he lived around the corner! He's been in contact with Tetteh (they're both in the US) but that's about the extent of my contact with anyone from Murray...

I was back in POM last year with my brother. It was really good and if your thinking about going then you really should. We had a great time.

Aside from doing the Kokoda Trail (you can never train hard enough to make it easy!) we had a week in Moresby and hired a car and got around to all the places that we remembered (our old compound at gordons 5, waigaini markets, uni, sogerei, boroko, the parliament house/museum area, murray, boroko east, boroko baptist where we used to go to church...we even took a drive up to the top of paga point (it's meant to be a bit dicey these days)...there's alot that has changed (like the yacht club and few new developments around town, but it still felt really familiar...and from what we could tell there's alot less ex-pats than in the 80's...we didn't see a whiteskin for a couple of days!
Old 25-01-2005, 08:16 AM

sliew is on a distinguished road
Shannon Liew Has Been Found!!!

Shannon Liew has been found! Well, I kinda found myself.

I just came across this site today, 25/1/05. Neil, I read that you are coming to Sydney this year. Well guess what??? Not only do I live in Sydney, but so does Nick Fraser!!! I hope you check this site every now and then.

For you and everyone else, I know this site is for PNG messages but there is another site www.schoolfriends.com.au where you can register your schools and clubs etc from everywhere in the Pacific, including PNG. Check it out, you may find some others that you are looking for.

A little bit about me, I went to Boroko East until 1990. I also swam for Boroko Swimming Club. I would love to hear from anyone from the good old days and even catch up with you if you are ever in Sydney. My fiance and I wish to return to POM one day to see how it has changed, so we may one day catch up in POM too! In the past two years I have had some contact with Matt Blinkhoff, Jackie Ojuka, Karen Rasmussen, Emma Pidik, Esther Usurup, Jeremy Thomas, Nick Fraser & Poilep Brooksbank. Some other names I would like to contact are Dennis Loh, Roddie Gago, Rosetta Marum, Ila Pala, Glen Smith, Robert Mili, Analiese Thatcher, Mikaela Haberfield(?), Joseph Natera, & Caroline Montford. Anybody know the whereabouts of any of these people?

My email address is shannonliew@yahoo.com.au

Email me!

Last edited by sliew; 25-01-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 20-04-2005, 06:21 PM

BoonT is on a distinguished road
Hi there guys, none of you will know/remember me I dont think? Just wondering if Nick Fraser is the same one who went to Gordons Int. Primary school and Pomhi (grade 7 1990??) He was in the same year as my bro Neil Mallon ring any bells??? Im Ben (BoonT) and was in the year above. I was seeing a girl Caroline Montford from Boroko East Primary who left for Malaysia 1990??? I was in Jason Pini's year. Any feed back would be great Bmallon@hotmail.com cheers!!
Old 19-05-2005, 08:26 AM

Cruzin is on a distinguished road
Also feel free to check out www.maipng.com/pomhi as many people leave their details in the guestbooks on the webpage.

(That's for those of you that attended Pomhi.)

Lukim behain.
Our Flag - A new NZ Flag design concept

Tingim, amateurs built the Ark - professionals built the Titanic.
Old 15-07-2005, 01:59 PM

aks is on a distinguished road
Hey David I remember you. Its Aukamu Aukopi here, remember we always played cricket and i was the only one that doesnt get out. I also remember Nana (with his thick glasses) and Tetteh (the guy that drinks tropical juice every junch). Got any contacts for them. Catch me on aaukopi@ecbp.sagric.com
Old 04-08-2005, 05:45 AM

bielza.energy is on a distinguished road
I remember you Neil

I remember you Neil from my time in PNGbut I am also trying to get in contact with some the best friends I ever had in Port Moresby.

I attended Murray from Grade 1-6 (86-91), but attended Gordon Primary for Prep. When I left in '91, I was Mrs. Sarah's class, the other Grade 6 class was Mr. Rudsdale's.

I'd love to go back and visit one day as there isn't a day that goes by when I remember my childhood in PNG.

Last edited by bielza.energy; 19-10-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 19-04-2007, 04:20 PM

Happyme is on a distinguished road
Hi Neil,

I went to school with you at Murray. We were class mates in Grade 5 and 6.