Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Ela Beach International School

Old 09-09-2007, 09:58 PM

iainrowe is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know of the likes of David Butt, Simon Naughton,Danny Naughton, they used to live down the road from me and simon and david were in the same year as me.
Old 13-09-2007, 02:37 PM

slevik is on a distinguished road
May I intrude on your conversation. Am I late? I finished @ Ela Beach in 1994. May I ask who you might be. I can remember a face but the names kinda' vanished. Salim tok kam , I'll be waiting.
Old 14-09-2007, 04:47 PM

iainrowe is on a distinguished road
hi,
My name is Iain Doherty, i finished my schooling in 1988 so i am a bit before your time unfortunatly.
Does ela still look the same nowadays?
and how about the rest of moresby?
Old 05-12-2007, 06:00 PM

dnz is on a distinguished road
hmmm, i vaguely remember somebody by the name of 'Iain Doherty'. are you that kid that your mom drives to the pool each morning to practice?

i live right next to danny and simon's aparment complex. there's a couple of more ela kids that live in that area... andrew (fogot the last name. his mom is a teacher at ela,...i hate that guy!), natasha (forgot the last name as well...she's from malaysia), and anthony gaylord.

some of the guys i remember....sean finnegan, jiro ueda, boy eno, oala heni, brian firth, frederico lee, adolf r**** (forgot the last name), roger feron and his brother patrick feron, and of course my childhood crush...shannon walker!
Old 30-01-2008, 02:43 PM

worzel is on a distinguished road
ok.... I just googled my name... as you do... and I came across this forum, because my name was mentioned.... I can't believe this forum exists! It seems like it's been going for a while, but my name is Roger Feron and I went to Ela Beach... as did my older brother Patrick. We're now living back in NZ. I returned to finish high school... became a cabinet maker for a while, studied 3D Animation, ended up doing 3D for TV commercials for 4 years, now I'm teaching 3D in Auckland NZ!

I still can't believe I found this forum! Unfortunately I have the memory of a goldfish and I can't remember names very well :-( I was there from about 1980... not sure how long for. I haven't been in PNG for a very long time.... but the memories are great! I went on the school trip to Europe (UK, France).

Anyhow, so strange seeing my name mentioned... and the suburb I used to live in - Gerehu! I took the school bus to school each day... I think I was a bus monitor for a while too! I remember a red headed kid who was crazy - he threw a chair at a teacher once! Looking back I think he was hyper active. TROY! That was his name! Hahahaha.

This is fun... but I have to get back to work.
Old 30-01-2008, 04:17 PM

worzel is on a distinguished road
Iain Doherty, did you end up at POM high? I seem to remember a Iain there who had a cool bike... like a mountain bike, before I'd ever heard of mountain bikes (it just looked like a weird bike back then!). I definitely remember a guy with the last name Butt... David Butt seems familiar.
Old 31-01-2008, 07:15 PM

i remember you dood! you're like one of the fastest sprinters in our school! darn you dont remember me, probably too much 3D fried your brains
Old 31-01-2008, 07:17 PM

another dood i just remembered....Kent Caldwell
Old 31-01-2008, 07:25 PM

hmmm...kinda wierd but i still remember this:

diba bona momokani (or something like that)

anybody know what it means? i think i remember it being in the ela beach logo.
Old 31-01-2008, 07:40 PM

dang! memories are coming back little by little.....here's another one: Mr. Smith (he was the PE teacher) i played tennis with him too!