Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > Travel & Tourism Discussion

Travel & Tourism Discussion You are welcome to post questions, stories or experience travelling in Papua New Guinea.

Old 26-03-2006, 12:05 PM

Litheon is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Information wanted please?

Hey,

Im going to Papua New Guinea at April 11th. I just visited New Zealand for 6 months, and now I intend to travel through Asia for 6 months, with PNG as my starting point.

I would like to go to a remote place in the Highlands (I do not enjoy touristy sites even though im a tourist myself). My idea is to get a local flight, jump off somewhere remote and get picked up after a week or two again. Im also interested in some local PNG culture and some treks through the jungle. What is there to do for me? And where can I book a local flight online? I've tried looking on the internet, but so far havent found anything yet..

I dont need a complete tourist agency or anything, just a plane to drop me off and pick me up at a village or something. Is that still possible?

Cheers for any reply's
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 26-03-2006, 04:39 PM

lumatours is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Marawaka is the place for you-Litheon

Litheon,

From experience i would suggest a place called marawaka which is in the eastern highland province.

Noah
njlurang@daltron.com.pg
Old 31-03-2006, 06:05 PM

Litheon is on a distinguished road
Cheers for the reply's.

About the village stay at Goroka :
I've sent an email to a mission airlines and I would like to see what pops up. Basicly I want to go as remote as possible, maybe a little village without road acces. If nothing comes out of the mission airlines, I will contact you about Goroka, and how to get there. Thank you for the kind offer! Its really nice.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:36 PM

Fatty is on a distinguished road
Hi litheon,you can try North Coast Aviation,in Lae.They have flights into Masa and Kabwum once a week.These are two remote airstrips in Finschhafen sitting close to the Sarawaget Ranges with no road acces.It is in the highlands of Morobe Province.
On ground you can meet the local pastor or councillor of the area.There are linguists(from America) from the Summer institute of linguistic who are based there to do translations for the bible.I have visited these two places and i think they suit your style as you mentioned.People are friendly and always willing to help.
I live in Port Moresby,but i can assist with some more information if required.
If you do come to PNG..Enjoy your stay.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:03 AM

saina is on a distinguished road
Smile Can help you

HI Litheon,
Like Fatty has said, I can help you.
I am from the Remotest Part of the highlands of Morobe Province In Kabwum.
My village is called Lewemon in the timbe area of Kabwum at the Sarawaged Range.
North coast Aviation goes into Derim airport every day and only in the morning beacuse of heavy cloud cover during the day starting from 9:00am.

You can stay with my relatives right in the village with no contact until such time you want to come out.
we are friendy and will care for.

because I was educated I came to live in town with my Mom and dad.

cheers
Old 02-11-2016, 10:27 PM

djoe0635 is on a distinguished road
These places are quite dope. In the mean time when it comes to dealing with such needs it has to be there on many ways that are appealing for us and big time being a traveler helps us big time with the such needs.
On the other hand getting an idea is reasonable with the ways it takes care of.