Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > The Journey to Paradise > Milne Bay Province

Milne Bay Province What to see in Alotau and surrounding areas in Milne Bay Province

Old 12-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
The Envy of Eve

Paradise Magazine - No 156 March - April 2003 Edition

Annual subscription rates for six issues including postage are :

In Papua New Guinea - K50.00
Australia - K75.00 or AUD $40
Rest of the World - us $40

Telephone: +675 321 7986
Fax: +675 321 4375
Email: delta@daltron.com.pg

The Envy of Eve, Story by Zen de Guzman - Alaluku, Photos by Morris Alaluku.

How would Eve have felt if she saw her daughters in designer foliage?

In sparse Biblical accounts, she who started it all only wore an apron of fig leaves. Fairly basic covering! Do you agree?

Below: Christina in green bridal gown of coconut fronds, pawpaw leaves and ferns with a pawpaw flower headdress and a bouquet of frangipani.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg christina-in-green-bridal-g.jpg (56.1 KB, 890 views)
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 12-04-2003, 10:04 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

Down the ages, at an unusual fashion show in the lush green surroundings of Alotau in Milne Bay, five of her modem descendants took to the stage garbed in leaves and flowers. Fresh and therefore susceptible to wilting and tearing, these were collected from some of the town's proud gardens.

One minute they were simply being themselves - leaves swaying in the breeze, shading a bounty of fruits, shielding secret colours and shapes; flowers brightening the scenery and perfuming the air. The next minute they were outfits.

Modern Eves in designer foliage :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modern-eves-in-designer-fol.jpg (83.8 KB, 878 views)
Old 12-04-2003, 10:10 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

Each one had an individual look - elegant, exotic, funky, with the wearability of five minutes.

Designers Maxine Nadile, a Port Moresby-based Milne Bay artist, and Zen Alaluku, an Alotau resident, used coconut and fan palm fronds, pawpaw and heliconia leaves and flowers, ferns, frangipani and sprays of grey-green flowers of unknown name to create the fashions.

The sophisticated styles, if done in fabric, could have held their own on the catwalks of high fashion capitals. Paris, London, New York, Milan, watch out!

Olive would have danced all night if only her heliconia wrap top and woven coconut frond bell-bottoms could hold together :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg olive.jpg (33.9 KB, 1280 views)
Old 12-04-2003, 10:12 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

Each one had an individual look - elegant, exotic, funky, with the wearability of five minutes.

Designers Maxine Nadile, a Port Moresby-based Milne Bay artist, and Zen Alaluku, an Alotau resident, used coconut and fan palm fronds, pawpaw and heliconia leaves and flowers, ferns, frangipani and sprays of grey-green flowers of unknown name to create the fashions.

The sophisticated styles, if done in fabric, could have held their own on the catwalks of high fashion capitals. Paris, London, New York, Milan, watch out !

Judith a Fairy Princess in a heart-shaped fan palm bodice and skirt of flower sprays :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg judith.jpg (46.7 KB, 848 views)
Old 12-04-2003, 10:13 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

Spectators standing in the midday sun could be forgiven for thinking they were seeing fairies. After all, the models did look like they had stepped out of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night s Dream. But, no, they were real girls who braved the public eye to wear the unwearable and to dare the never-before-done, all for the fun of it. And Eve? She would have been envious!

Violet the Pacific Queen in an all-coconut frond ensemble, complete with a hat :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg violet.jpg (34.3 KB, 820 views)
Old 12-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

Flora in a blouse made from coconut fibre, belted with woven coconut fronds and pinned with a giant Sexy Pink heliconia brooch over a flared fan palm frond skirt with straps of coconut frond topped by a woven star on her feet :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flora.jpg (26.4 KB, 813 views)
Old 28-06-2005, 03:21 PM

Susan is on a distinguished road
Can any one tell me if the models in these pictures Violet,Flora and Olive are sisters and if they are related to Leo Mamaji of Waema village Alotau if so pls email me on this email address:
dakota.simpsonbps@latis.net.au , coz i think i've found my long lost relatives I am currently living in Darwin N.T Australia.