Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates

School Mates Catch up with your school mates from PNG. TISOL, POMIS, RIS, POM Grammar, Bulae, and a lot more!

Old 05-01-2004, 12:26 AM

Bert is on a distinguished road
Smile Highland lutheren School

Hi People of HLS,

I'm wondering if there is anybody looking for old friends from HLS in the years 1970 - 1975.
I don't know if you remember me but I used to play guitar with William or Bill Biberdorf,Mark Bowdidge,David Lutz and Eric Stotik.Lesley Hilgendorf,Lisa middleton,Dena Lorenz,Tracy Warburton,sharon Warburton or others from 1974 class 6 and 7.
Mr. Lorenz was head of the school then.
If anybody reads this then contact me please.My e-mail :h.l.prins@home.nl
Thanks,Bert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HLS2.JPG (199.8 KB, 223 views)

Last edited by Bert; 18-09-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 08-01-2004, 03:33 AM

sharon is on a distinguished road
mr lorenz

hello, my father went to lhs i have his birthday book and he had a mr lorenz in there from lhs born july 22,but there is also a dena lynn larenz and a mrs joan lorenz was that his wife and daughter? my fathers name was james fehrmann his father was a missionary in the lutheran church walter fehrmann does this ring a bell?ill give you some other names too that i think might have gone to school with him......mark robert hold or holt i cant read it born in 1962 october 15...sue brandon 1949 nov 26th.......amy elizabeth burce 1950 but you only knew a carrie burce? a sister maybe? mark walewski 1949 dec 5.........robert walter holst 1936 oct 1.........sue dahlgren 1949 sept 1..........mrs o.c. hintze 1927 may 26.......david hintze 1951 may 3rd a son of mr hintze maybe?......rev.otto hintze..........lynn holst feb 22.......juanita laird.....if any of these names ring a bell id love to hear back from you,so what was the school like any way?it was a boarding school right?
sharon
Old 11-01-2004, 04:59 AM

Mr.Lorenz,

Hi Sharon,
Here,s Bert again from the Netherlands.
I'm sorry but I don't know your father.
Dena Lorenz was a daughter of Mr.Lorenz.and Joan was his wife.Dena Is my age.42. I don't know a Amy Burce.
H.L.S was a boarding school with Americans,Australiens and 3 dutch children.My brother and sister were also attending HLS.
I'm sorry my English is so poor.It's been a long time since I wrote in English.
My Sirname is Prins.
Hope to hear from you soon,Bert
Old 16-01-2004, 02:29 PM

dena lorenz!!!!!

hello thank you for your reply,and by the way your english is fine you write better than most people i know ha!ha!ha!do you still see dena lorenz?if you do can you ask her if she remembers my father james fehrmann?
what was the school like?were they real strict?and how often did you get to go home?every weekend or not at all?
thanks again hope to hear from you soon sharon
Old 17-01-2004, 08:26 PM

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for replying so soon.I haven't had any contact with anybody since I left New Guinea.
We were taken care of by Mr. and Mrs. Green.I thought they were very nice people.They took care of everything and everyone.I stayed at school from monday to friday and went home in the weekend.
My parent knew the Hintze's you mentioned.He was a teacher at Pausa High School,where my father was also teacher.
I hope to hear from you again Sharon.
Bert
Old 18-01-2004, 10:08 AM

hello again

hello bert,
thanks for all the info,so what is the netherlands like?i live in the usa ive never been any where else, but id like to though id really like to goto new guinea but it costs too much money.
write soon sharon
Old 18-01-2004, 02:48 PM

Hi Sharom,
The Netherlands is a very small country in Europe.There are about 16mil. people.
It's a rich country.
I'd really love to go too to N.G.,but at the moment it's dangerous to go because of the trible wars goig on there.
My father has just returned from a 3 months holiday in indonesia.
I'll tell you more next time.
Write back soon,Bert
Old 20-01-2004, 01:10 AM

Hello Again

wow tribals wars?whats all that about,you are all so lucky to get to see all these different places,so did your father have a good time in indonesia?have you ever been to the usa?how do you feel about the war that is going on with iraq?i hate it!!!!
well cant wait to hear from you again with all your interesting information
sharon
Old 08-11-2004, 03:58 PM

eric is on a distinguished road
Hi Bert

Hi Bert,

I stumbled across your postings while surfing the web with the help of my wife Tammy. I loved the Revenge CD you sent me by the way. FYI - I recently read a first hand report by Jerry Burce of travel in the highlands. He saw much strife and brigandry there. The clans have guns now. The Amnesty International report for 2004 has some distubing reports on violence in PNG. Yes, the war in Iraq is a crime. We don't support it. The recent election results here in USA were also a deep disappointment. My folks entertain a steady parade of visitors from PNG -- that's where my information comes from mostly. Any luck reaching Mark or David? E-mail directly if you want -- tammy@tajmahalbooks.com.

Cheers,
Eric
Old 03-01-2005, 03:06 AM

Smile Highland Lutheran School

Hi,
I'm still looking for people who attended HLS from1968-1975.
I've found Eric Stotik and Mark Bowdidge.

Regards,Bert Prins