Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates

School Mates Catch up with your school mates from PNG. TISOL, POMIS, RIS, POM Grammar, Bulae, and a lot more!

Old 11-11-2003, 03:53 AM

Traveller is on a distinguished road
Hint.

My parents were the teachers at MIPS from 92-96
Old 11-11-2003, 10:06 AM

Trex is on a distinguished road
Fage..

Sheryl was a close friens of Sue Lincoln who was a good friend of your mum..

Some more useless info: The Lincolns live in Hobart, one of their boys is also in the Australioan Army now..they had two boys, Josh and ??? name now escapes me..the older would have attended school with you..

Anyway thanks again and i wish all the luck with the life a Journalist...
Old 11-11-2003, 10:12 AM

Well Well

Hi Traveller

I must dig out my old photo album and have a look, I certainly remeber your parents and thier tribe.. :-)

Where have your parents ended up with thier teaching, still overseas?

Thinking back now as to which one you were, you are either, about to start Uni, just finishing Uni (if you went) or are not long in the workforce...I am at work so do not have my photos, books etc with me to look up names..

Pass on by best wishes to your parents...and ask them to recall all the good times at the "Clive Steele Club", same for Biddy...then again trying to remeber some of the happenings there does have its hazy moments..

Bye

Last edited by Trex; 11-11-2003 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:39 AM

Biddy is on a distinguished road
James Walker

I thought it might be you.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:44 AM

I do remeber "The Club" and staying off the blue tiles. The other Lincoln boys name was
Nick, is he in the Army?

I know the Witton, they had two boys, Brett and Chad, are still in Brisbane. Chad now has a baby girl, and Brett is working as an Draftsman.

By the way James, where are you these days.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:36 PM

The Walkers Yes, although Monique has little recollection from that time due to her age 5/6...

We were all excited when they came as thier children increased our student poulation above that required to fund two teachers...

Nick is posted to Sydney and the last time we spoke to them Josh was working in the North of Tassy..

Since I left the Oz Army (98) I have had no contact with anyone except them...

Was posted here in Melb in early 90's with two other ex Mendi-ites, the most noteable being Curly Cadin...Curly was also on the school board in 92...

Bye Bye..

Last edited by Trex; 12-11-2003 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:53 AM

Traveller is on a distinguished road
Yeah, James Walker

I am the one not long in the workforce.

I worked for Telecom in NZ for a while then another internet provider for a year.

I moved to the UK a few months back and am now working for Microsoft just outside London.

My parents went to Madang for a few years after Mendi then moved to NZ. After a couple of years there they came over to the UK as well and are teaching in London.

I remember Brett and Chad. Brett and I were very good mates while we were in Mendi and I saw him once or twice in Australia after we left.

I told my folks about the forum and they pass on their greetings

They had more than enough stories to refresh my memories of the Clive Steel club
Old 12-11-2003, 08:33 AM

A small world

It is a such a small world at times..:-)

James, I remember your dad being an enthusiatsic participant on the monthly thursday nights "Bucks Kai"...they certainly made the day following the longest one of the month :-)

I suppose you will be up over the weekend watching the Union?

Tomorrows game will be a ripper, NZ would be favourites after they played so well against Wales...I could only imagine what it would have been like in Mendi if we were still there now..

Pass on my best wishes to your parents..

Bye Bye
Old 13-11-2003, 01:24 AM

Glad you are doing so well at Microsoft.
Say hi to your parents for me, how is Jess and Caleb doing? You also have a little sister is that right?

My dad is about to move back odwn here, and is getting remarried in October I think.

I do remeber hearing about those bucks kai nights, they remind me of what the boys now do at college. Maybe boys just never grow up.

And I am sure NZ will win, they won't be allowed home if they don't.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:39 PM

jason kissell is on a distinguished road
hi i allso went to school there for a year round 85 .iam sure the teachers where also the ralphs, thay had an png adopted dauther. my perants also worked for sulavans there. thay got married there too!. i remember going places with the army,climbing ect. the club.the pool some names are, captian fertarter,sparow, the plane that would bring in all our goodies from oz.