Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 17-10-2017, 01:08 PM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
Star Trek: Discovery – 1 x 5 – Choose Your Pain:
Harry Mudd makes his overall Star Trek return and debut on Discovery and played here by Rainn Wilson.
We see Mudd here as a fellow prisoner of Captain Lorca after he got captured by the Klingons.
The Mudd here seemed to be quite different to the way I remember when he was previously played by the late Roger C. Carmel.
We also gets introduced to Ash Tyler another prisoner of the Klingons.
However the moment of Mudd and Tyler’s debut in Discovery truly got stolen when Tilly said “This is so f**king cool” and then got repeated by Stamets.
Never thought that the F-Bomb would be dropped in Star Trek.
The Star Trek that I came to know whilst growing up that of a F-Bomb free universe has well and truly gone.
Emotional moment when Michael releases Ripper into space as well as Michael and Saru talked about the late Captain Georgiou.
Quite creepy when Stamets look himself in the mirror at the end.
Old 18-10-2017, 07:04 PM

Choose Your Pain marked the first time that the F-Bomb has ever been dropped on Star Trek whether one agrees with this decision or not and I thought that it might be addressed in the corresponding After Trek episode but alas it wasn’t brought up at all!
Old 24-10-2017, 12:45 AM

Sonequa Martin-Green returned to her previous workplace as she turned up for The Walking Dead 100th episode celebrations in Talking Dead.
She turned up during the live broadcast of this show and host Chris Hardwick saying that it was a surprise and him telling her she didn’t had to come but she did anyway.
Hardwick said that Martin-Green will be part of Comic-Con forever now that she is part of two franchise Star Trek and The Walking Dead.
Whilst still on the subject of Talking Dead, Star Trek: Discovery’s own aftershow is After Trek and its format is one used by Talking Dead.
Of the two aftershows I have to say that Talking Dead is the better than After Trek.
There is a lot of fun atmosphere with Talking Dead, the sort of which I don’t feel for After Trek.
Old 24-10-2017, 02:18 PM

Star Trek: Discovery – 1 x 6 – Lethe:
Sarek gets seriously injured after an attempted assassination on him by a logic extremist.
The katra something that long-time Star Trek fans is long familiar with enters here as Michael communicates with Sarek this way.
Fascinating look at Michael’s history here with Sarek through the latter’s katra.
When Captain Lorca approved a rescue mission on Sarek it sounded compelling when Admiral Cornwell questioned his judgement in sending on this mission a convicted criminal (Michael) and a rescued POW who has not fully recovered from that experienced (Ash).
It felt a little bit out of character when Lorca begged Cornwell not to take the Discovery away from him.
Admiral Cornwell walks into a trap with the Klingons, one that was originally intended for the now injured Sarek and on reflection it did seemed that Cornwell was walking into this trap the moment that scene came on.
This episode has Enterprise getting mentioned as well as Spock who was alluded to earlier on but gets explicitly mentioned here.
Perhaps the best episode so far.

Meanwhile Star Trek: Discovery has been renewed for a second season.
Old 26-10-2017, 07:07 PM

Twin Peaks (3.10) Part 10 guest stars John Billingsley.

Billingsley plays a medical doctor here just like he also did as Phlox in Star Trek: Enterprise.
Old 29-10-2017, 07:57 PM

Star Trek Continues

To Boldly Go Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCBuaTnDsQs

Found out that To Boldly Go serves as the finale of Star Trek Continues with this fan series ending where they think that TOS should have ended with the conclusion of the five-year mission.
Incidentally it has been refuted that end of Continues and its timing is due to new TV series Discovery.
For Kirk and crew they book-end their mission by returning to the situation of the second pilot Where No Man Has Gone Before and of course the title is the second part of the saying in which the first part is the aforementioned title of the Continues finale.
When it comes to titles the said first part comes after the second instead of the other way around.
The guest cast is a curio to Doctor Who fans as it featured Nicola Bryant who had played Peri in that series.
During her time in Doctor Who, Nicola Bryant as Peri mostly travelled with Sixth Doctor Colin Baker and Baker himself had earlier appeared in another Continues episode The White Iris.
When she was playing Peri in Doctor Who, Nicola Bryant played her as an American despite being a Brit in real life and Doctor Who itself is a British series.
Ironically in the Doctor Who-Star Trek spectrum, Nicola Bryant as her Continues character Lana gets to speak with her real Brit voice in a fan series that is based on an American TV series.
Curiously enough she had been in proximity of being in official Star Trek as it has been claimed that she was one of many actresses who was considered for Captain Janeway in Voyager but I read in TARDIS Wiki that she only auditioned for a guest role in that series albeit unsuccessfully.
Also guest stars Amy Rydell as Romulan Commander the same one that her mother Joanna Linville played in the TOS episode The Enterprise Incident.
Lana turns out to be a villain in a powerful portrayal by Nicola Bryant.
Thrilling how it all played out to meeting Lana and Sentek with them marking the cliffhanger as both of them entering and standing on the bridge of the Enterprise.
Old 31-10-2017, 01:45 AM

Star Trek: Discovery - 1 x 7 - Magic To Make the Sanest Man Go Mad:
This episode goes through a time loop which lasts for 30 minutes and this brings in a great reminder of a previous Star Trek episode that went with this premise that of TNG’s Cause and Effect in 1992.
Of course the predictable description to this is Groundhog Day.
Rainn Wilson is back as Harry Mudd and is presented as the antagonist and it is somewhat hard to reconcile that this is meant to be the same character who was previously played by Roger C Carmel due to the ruthlessness that Wilson’s Mudd has been made out to be.
For the premise it was solidly presented and a good resolution to boot.
Betazoid gets mention here even though Discovery takes place in the same timeline with TOS and the Betazoids weren’t introduced until TNG.
A space whale appears here and as this episode is part of Discovery’s first season, Matt Smith’s own first season as the Doctor also featured a space whale in The Beast Below.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:16 PM

Star Trek: Hidden Frontier

Entanglement Part 1:

Season 4 finale.

Old wounds have sure been opened up when Henglaar has a reunion with his ex, Independence Chief Engineer Sou.

Also interesting that other Excelsior crew members running into an old enemy.

Good cliffhanger involving the commodore.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:39 PM

Girls 4.7 Ask Me My is the first of two episodes by Zachary Quinto as Mimi-Rose’s ex-boyfriend Ace and Mimi-Rose is now with Adam played by Adam Driver.
Retrospectively this brings about the old Star Trek-Star Wars rivalry.
This episode came on March 1 2015 and at this point Quinto had played Spock in two Star Trek movies and at the end of that year saw Driver making his debut as Kylo Ren in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and as 2017 now approaches its end Driver will soon be back as Kylo Ren in the next Star Wars movie The Last Jedi.
With them being rivals for Mimi-Rose, Ace and Adam shared a taxi in this episode.
Not only are Spock and Kylo Ren rivals but they also share a taxi in this Girls episode.
Incidentally Ace and Adam are also the names of Doctor Who companions ones who never met each other as they are eras apart.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:23 AM

Star Trek: Discovery – 1 x 8- Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum:

The episode title is Latin for “If you want peace, prepare for war”.

Enjoyable scene at the beginning with the destruction of the USS Hoover.

Quite eerie with Michael, Ash and Saru on that planet especially with Saru’s behaviour.

Is Admiral Cornwell dead as I felt uncertain by this the last time we saw her here.