Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Finding (Old) Friends

Finding (Old) Friends Come here if you want to find and catch up with your old friends. Also try the School Forums if your friend was associated with one.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:25 PM

Binnen Bakery is on a distinguished road
Madang International Primary School

Hi Looking for anybody who lived in Madang in the sixties and seventies and may have attended Madang Primary School. My father Brian Deasy owned the bakery (Binnen Baker). I am Barbara Deasy
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 01-11-2009, 11:26 PM

punawon is on a distinguished road
Hi Barbara,
Do you remember Karen Webb? She had a famous dog called "Ashtray"
Her Nana and Pa owned the Madang Hotel- (Flo and Jack Gilmore.) Her Mum was Peggy Gilmore/McEvoy/Webb. She ran the bakery in Madang and also the grill room at the pub. Peggy, Bill, and Karen lived in Regina Avenue. John and David (Butch) McEvoy came to school in Brisbane, but were always home for holidays. The house was the 2nd or 3rd house on the left going toward the pub from the golf course. We can still see the house on Google Earth. Karen is my sister in law. She was born in '54 and went to school in Madang in the 60's and I am in constant contact with her. I will ask her about you and put her in touch with you and this site if you like?
Regards Alison.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:29 PM

PS
Barbara, are you related to the Deasy's in the Sandgate/Deagon area of Brisbane? My brother and I went to school with the Deasy's at Sandgate?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:53 PM

Madang International Primary School

Punawon

Thank you for your reply. I do not remember the name of Karen Webb of Madang Hotel - even though I do remember the hotel. My father was Brian Deasy and my mother was Trudy Deasy. They may remember her.

I had a brother Michael now aged 48 and a sister Monica aged 44. I am 46 years old. Am happy for you to make any enquiries on my behalf.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:08 PM

brown bomber is on a distinguished road
Hi barbra, I do remember the deasy family,my sister Lynn Schwartz was a friend of yours in the early 70's,you should also know murry crease
Old 10-12-2009, 08:20 PM

Hello Brown Bomber
Which one of Lyn's brothers are you? I remember the names Raymond Douglas and her twin Chris. I met up with both Lyn and Marie Creese when I was in Townsville recently. I also met your mum and sister Barb while I was there. It was good to see them again. So I have stayed in contact with Marie and Lyn. Would be happy to hear from you and if you know the whereabouts of any more of our old school mates, it would be great.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:25 PM

m_bailey is on a distinguished road
I went to Madang school

Hi all, my name is Michael Bailey and I attended Madang school from 1966 t 1970. My father was manager of the Commonwealth Bank and we lived in Kalibobo Drive. My sister Margo also went to school there.
Old 26-03-2010, 11:29 AM

rowanh is on a distinguished road
Madang Coronation Primary School

My name is Rowan Hughes and I attended the school in 71-Gr5 and 72-Gr6. Some names were Ricky Bennett, Jeremy Scriven, Mark Stevens, Leonie Fyffe, Ian McDougal, Cassie Fox. I will put two class photos on http://users.tpg.com.au/rowandh/ in a few days.

I'm interested in knowing any details of a mini Tsunami that occurred in the area about 1969. The exact date would be excellent. I cannot find the event recorded any where, to match it against seismic event dates. These events appear to happen a lot in PNG but most go unreported. They are not caused by earthquakes, but by large undersea landslides, called turbidites.

Thanks. Rowan Hughes, Townsville.
Old 26-03-2010, 01:07 PM

Punawon

Does anybody remember Glenys Khonke or David and John McEvoy from Madang in the 60's and early 70's? (The McEvoys lived in Regina Ave.)

Last edited by punawon; 26-03-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: add more information
Old 18-04-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowanh View Post
My name is Rowan Hughes and I attended the school in 71-Gr5 and 72-Gr6. Some names were Ricky Bennett, Jeremy Scriven, Mark Stevens, Leonie Fyffe, Ian McDougal, Cassie Fox. I will put two class photos on http://users.tpg.com.au/rowandh/ in a few days.

I'm interested in knowing any details of a mini Tsunami that occurred in the area about 1969. The exact date would be excellent. I cannot find the event recorded any where, to match it against seismic event dates. These events appear to happen a lot in PNG but most go unreported. They are not caused by earthquakes, but by large undersea landslides, called turbidites.

Thanks. Rowan Hughes, Townsville.

Hi Rowan
Sorry, have no idea of a mini tsunami around that time. The exact date would be even more difficult to pinpoint. Sorry