Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Finding (Old) Friends

Finding (Old) Friends Come here if you want to find and catch up with your old friends. Also try the School Forums if your friend was associated with one.

Old 26-09-2011, 10:06 AM

Karl_McA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocky View Post
Hi Graeme Brock here Im struggling to remember the years now but i spent 4 years at the school. I loved it. Some of the best years of my life. Would love to know where my best mate Karl Luger ended up, also Travis, I wonder if its the same marcel already mentioned. I will have to look for my old blue book. I remember a Casel. Miss Madang, hope to go back there one day, i think of it often. Lived in Solomons afterwards.
If you stumble back into the thread, I remember you well Graeme. Also the Castles, Daniel and ?, their dad was a bookie. Peter who was English. Travis Mc? lived up the street from me. We ended up back in Canada, I currently live in Hinton, Alberta province. I bounced around a bit in PNG, also attended KLS in Wau.

Karl.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:13 AM

JacquiS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandani View Post
Did you attend Madang International Primary School between 1973to 1980
Nandani,

I attended Madang 'Primary A' in the 70's, leaving in early 1976. I think you lived near me at MTC and we travelled to school each day on a mini-bus. You gave me a small elephant from Sri Lanka when we left, which I still have somewhere!

Other kids on the bus were Sean White, and Paul and Neil Campbell.

Jacqui
Old 20-05-2016, 09:46 PM

reatha is on a distinguished road
Dear Nandini, my name is Reatha Ackroyd and I taught you when you were a preppie at Madang Primary School. I remember you very clearly along with about 30 other 5 and 6 year olds and you gave me 2 little painted elephants which we still have after 39 years!! It would be lovely to hear from anyone who was in the prep class in 1975/76. I loved my years teaching there.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:06 PM

Amepou is on a distinguished road
Smile Teachers

Hi,
I am hoping to help my mum find her friend Lynne Chester who was the principal at Madang International School in the late 80's.
My mum (Mrs Amepou) was also a teacher there.
Please help if you can.
Many thanks 😃
Old 07-12-2016, 01:14 PM

Amepou is on a distinguished road
Hi,
Did not attend there but my mum was a teacher there. Mrs Amepou, now considered the longest serving teacher at MIPS. My twyounger siblings attended MIPS too but this was in the mid '90's.
Old 20-11-2017, 10:17 AM

Carey Ward(Fox) is on a distinguished road
It is hard to find friends if they were female and married. I was at Madang 'Primary A' as it was called in 60's. My last year was in 1970 and would love to touch base with some of the people in my grade. Sonia Schwartz, Wendy Baker, Tina Best. I have found some on facebook but not these. Is there a thread on here that might have some information for me.
Old 21-01-2018, 08:33 PM

rvonesh is on a distinguished road
My son James Vonesh attended MIPS from 1980-1983. Mrs. Mtchell and Mrs. Porteus
where his teachers. I would love to be able to contact his teachers. Does anone know where Mrs. Porteus is now?