Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Lae

Old 12-06-2007, 05:20 PM

gfry77 is on a distinguished road
hi! i was born in PNG too and I am now living in the Philippines for 30 years. My problem is SSS (Social Securit System) gives me a temporary number because they need my authenticated birth certificated from PNG. If anyone here can help me.

Last edited by gfry77; 12-06-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:20 AM

ashleyks is on a distinguished road
i didnt have a birth certific**e. biological mother died of child birth l**er f**her passed away was raised by american. was applying for us citizenship and needed birth certific**e. travelled to png last year and managed to get one to prove who i was although it was d**ed "2006". all was done in POM
Old 06-02-2008, 05:22 PM

skipper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie
We are often asked for information in relation to obtaining Birth Certifcates for children born in Papua New Guinea.

Today I have come across my own children's birth certificates who were born at Angau Memorial Hospital, Lae in the late '70's.

Unless it has changed, the following is what is required if you wish to obtain a copy of your birth details:

CERTIFICATE OF BIRTH ENTRY

This document can be obtained by writing to the Hospital where you were born, ie in my case 'Angau Memorial Hospital'.

However, whenever my children apply for a new passport the Australian authorities refuse to use this as a 'Birth Certificate', instead they insist on:

EXTRACT OF ENTRY

This document is obtained from the 'Registrar General's Office which is accompanied by:

AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP ACT 1948 or whichever consulate is applicable depending on what nationality your parents are as to which passport was required. In our case being Australians, we had to apply to the Australian Consulate here in Port Moresby.

This document is the one that the Australian authorities recognise as my children's actual 'Birth Certificate'.

As a parent I have kept numerous copies of these documents so that if my children ever needed the information, it was close at hand.

Goodluck to the reader on our site that wrote to us the other day saying how his certificates were stolen and that he needed to obtain fresh new documents urgently.

BTW, the address of the hospital in Lae is as follows:

ANGAU MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
P.O. BO 457
LAE. MOROBE PROVINCE
Papua New Guinea

Telephone: +675 472 1211

Consulate General's Office,
P.O. Box 2223
LAE. MOROBE PROVINCE

Telephone: +472 4324
Fax: +675 472 6430

If anyone else reading this, has by any chance gone through the process, please let us know how quick their service is and the time it took to receive documentation and the cost of doing so.

tks
pngbd
Yes I have it takes forever at least 1 year and cost is PNGK12-50 and I am still waiting.
Skipper
Old 06-12-2008, 02:54 PM

Untermenschen is on a distinguished road
Obtaining an original Birth Cert. for Papua

Greetings All

I was born in Port Moresby in 1955 [to dinkum fish-belly-white aussie parents] & have never had an 'original' copy of my birth cert.[which is now a pre-req. for getting an Australian Citizenship Cert. - which is in turn, now a pre-req. for getting an Australian Passport].

I sense an interminable Kafkaesque Nightmare looming.

Does anyone know how to fast-track the process of getting an original Papua birth cert.?

Cheerz, Peter Ward.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:02 PM

Untermenschen is on a distinguished road
Papua Birth Cert.

My apologies for the belated reply Gail - forum appears to have been down a while - but thanks for the info.

I was actually hoping that there would be some kind of musty 'Papua' archive in an obscure Canberra basement somewhere within the bowels of bureacracy, from which I could retrieve the relevant document - apparently there isn't.

Given that Papua was an Australian external territory I'm not sure that the current PNG Gov't. would retain the relevant records.

I can see that this process is going to take many weeks - if not months - so don't plan to be travelling any further overseas than Tassie for a while yet.

Cheers, PeterW.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM

crazyas1 is on a distinguished road
Hi there people, just a response to the ManPower Management Services....
Does it take long to actually obtain your Birth Certificate, as i'm also based in Australia...
Has anyone been down this path.. i've also seen other sites for a New Guinea Birth Certificate asking for a sum in Kina but nothing about postage back to applicant.. Can someone please help.
Thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 11:41 AM

gfry77 is on a distinguished road
bumping this thread. I hope someone can help us here.
Old 15-07-2009, 11:30 PM

crazyas1 is on a distinguished road
bumping? stay clear of this site ?
Old 21-07-2009, 03:27 PM

Richard Annan is on a distinguished road
Hi there,
I just want to know if my birth certificate, which reads EXTRACT OF ENTRY, issued from the Registrar's office but without my parents' names is still authentic. I was born in Lae at Angau Memorial Hospital in the late 80s and lived in Lae until last year.

I am enquiring this because most countries have both parents' names on the child's birth certificate.
I will appreciate it if this is cleared for me.
Rich.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:36 PM

Di Wellington is on a distinguished road
Red face Thank you

Thank you so much for this info - and especially the form! - for birth certificates. I'm helping a friend to get a copy of her birth certificate and she was born in Moresby. Regards Di

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie View Post
Hi everyone, have attached a birth registration form. Suggest if you do not want to fly to PNG to obtain yourself which takes about 2 days, that you request the services of:

Manpower Management Services Ltd
Level 3, ADF Haus, Port Moresby NCD
P.O. Box 1739, Port Moresby, NCD
Tel: 321 5491
Direct: 321 5492
Fax: 321 5493
Email: manpower@daltron.com.pg

Attention: Ivy Roy