Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > The Journey to Paradise

The Journey to Paradise Photos of great cultural and natural beauties of Papua New Guinea

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
You thought I carried everything but the kitchen sink but check out Bev's pack that Chris is carrying. Our boys have remarked in the past that they prefer to carry for men than women as we tend to pack more than men.....after seeing the amount of clothes the guides took, I can see why...haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris.jpg (60.6 KB, 164 views)
www.kokodatrail.com.pg
www.quadrahosting.com.au
Old 05-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

As you will see in this photograph, personal porters are always there to help. Chris reaches out and holds onto the back of Bev's backpack to help break her fall as she climbs down a steep embankment. If you look carefully you will also see tree roots which are pretty much the norm on the trail. If you put your foot incorrectly on a slippery tree root, be prepared to slip and fall. For me this was one of the hardest things always looking for correct placement to make sure I did not fall over. As for our Kokoda guys, they seem to be able to walk on anything and still keep their balance:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris & Bev going downhill.jpg (147.0 KB, 186 views)
www.kokodatrail.com.pg
www.quadrahosting.com.au
Old 05-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

Day 2 - we can do this we say as we pause at yet another river crossing on the Kokoda Trail. Of course we can, we have the determination to finish walking the trail no matter what. As Bev remarked, she never thought for one moment that we would not complete the Kokoda Trail...but still this was only Day 2:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gail & Bev.jpg (157.1 KB, 189 views)
www.kokodatrail.com.pg
www.quadrahosting.com.au
Old 05-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

I forgot how many logs I climbed over along the trail. I noticed the boys used to just step over them......but for my short legs, it was sit, throw one leg over and follow suit with the other....now guys, this is hardly the time to take my photograph!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gail getting over a log.jpg (158.7 KB, 160 views)
www.kokodatrail.com.pg
www.quadrahosting.com.au
Old 05-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

At this point of time Russell Eroro asked me if Iwanted to go up and walk along the trail or take the short cut. I looked up and at the time the river seemed like a better choice......that is until you walk over rock after rock after rock! Sorry about the pic, its not so clear but it will give you the general idea of what it is like.....who said they could walk in joggers.....geez my feet definitely needed BOOTS!

A tip from me, on the strap near my chest I attached my camera as I have had trekkers say they couldnt be bothered getting their pack off their back just to take a photo. I decided my camera was going to be at the front within reach and it worked out really well.

I Matthew See take Karen Mould as my lawfully wedded wife.
I Karen Mould take Matthew See as my lawfully wedded husband.
I now proclaim man and wife you Matthew may kiss your wife.

Matthew kisses his bride Karen and they have fantastic sex together forever
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gail Rocks.jpg (172.0 KB, 182 views)
www.kokodatrail.com.pg
www.quadrahosting.com.au

Last edited by Matt See; 08-07-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

We plodded along and finally we came to a beautiful guesthouse out of nowhere which is known as Va'Ule Creek. I heard about this guesthouse on a couple of occasions but obviously this was my first experience of sighting it.

There is one large guesthouse with one large bedroom and one slightly smaller one. There is also a separate guesthouse/cookhouse for the boys. When we arrived here we seemed to be covered in flies and the boys informed us they were drawn to our sweat and that of our backpacks.

Everything was taken out and dried out of our packs. Our tents were erected for the very same reason. We were supposed to press on but the guesthouses looked so inviting that we decided to set up camp there.

The creek is not so far away and is not so steep to have to climb down to so we enjoyed a swim in the creek. Our clothes were washed in the creek and we felt like new again!

Bev & Chris setting up her sleeping quarters in the Va'Ule Creek Guesthouse. At the time this pic was taken Bev must have been feeling hungry as she was checking out what Back Country meal would be on the agenda for the night:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bev Va'Ule Creek.jpg (118.9 KB, 162 views)
www.kokodatrail.com.pg
www.quadrahosting.com.au
Old 05-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

This photograph was taken as we walked into the area where the Va'ule Guesthouse is situated. The trekkers guesthouse is in the background and the kitchen/boys guesthouse is in the foreground. The food porters were always well ahead of our pace and like you can see in the background the fire was well and truly crackling away and our billy was on the boil and yes a cuppa was soon organised when we walked down into the camp:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Va'Ule Guesthouse.jpg (67.7 KB, 153 views)
www.kokodatrail.com.pg
www.quadrahosting.com.au
Closed Thread