Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 26-03-2020, 05:18 PM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
The Plot Against America

Part 1:
The Plot Against America is a mini-series based on the novel of the same name by Philip Roth.
Created by The Wire creator David Simon and fellow Wire collaborator Ed Burns.
This is set in an alternate American history during Wold War II which sees the political rise of Charles Lindbergh as he makes his serious bid for the presidency against incumbent Franklin D. Roosevelt.
We see this rise from the perspective of a working class Jewish family, the Levins.
This mini-series came in 2020 and at least one reviewer has made comparison with another mini-series the previous year's Years and Years.
Years and Years sees the rise to power in Britain of Vivienne Rook who like Lindbergh is a figure of far-right populism.
Like The Plot Against America, the said rise to power is being seen from the perspective of an ordinary family.
However the one aspect that differs between the two narratives is that Years and Years tells of a plausible future while The Plot Against America presents a different history as a result of the past going in a different direction.
For the first episode I found it underwhelming as I have yet to sympathise with the Levin family,
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 01-04-2020, 10:15 PM

Part 2:
Things are sure tense all around leading to the election in which Lindbergh defeats Roosevelt for the presidency.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:50 PM

Part 3:
Concerning that Bess and Evelyn's mother dementia has worsened.
Sure is worrying seeing Lindberg America.