Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 03-06-2020, 04:08 PM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
We Didn't Start The Fire:
Coincidentally my wife Karen Gillan sang the song We Didn't Start The Fire with her Avengers Endgame co-stars in The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
This Blindspot episode is 5.2 and my wife Karen Gillan was in NuWho's own 5.2 The Beast Below as Amy Pond.
Bill Nye is back as Patterson's dad as she recruits his help for access to a high level conference in Helsinki.
When Weitz spoke on the podium he gets a message from the team to keep talking as there is a bomb and as they discover the next speaker is the intended target of an assassination.
Funny that Weitz had to keep talking coming up with things to say before he could not talk anymore.
Luckily the team defused the bomb by then.
Patterson's first name is revealed and it is William named after her father Bill Nye.
Bill also mentioned that she has a space camp name but it has not been revealed. Wonder what it is.
Weitz gets paid the consequences of delaying the bomb with an unexpected meeting with Ivy Sands in the lift.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:58 AM

Existential Ennui:
Season 5, Episode 3.
Enthralling with the team dealing with Hades who they unwittingly had in their custody.
Looks like the team are on their own with Weitz being forced to abandon after Madeline executed Briana in front of him as a warning.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:36 PM

And My Axe!:
Season 5, Episode 4.
We get to see the late Reade in flashbacks.
It is funny when Tash recalled meeting a tech back then, Patterson pointed it out that was her.
The flashbacks was enjoyable as it ties in with what was currently going on.
Oh dear Jane is wounded at the end.
Old 15-06-2020, 02:20 AM

Head Games:
Season 5, Episode 5.
Intense with Weller being captive and the hallucinations that he sees.
Also intense Jane's injuries.
Enthralling that it ends with unexpected visitors at the bunker.
Old 20-06-2020, 07:31 PM

Fire & Brimstone:
Season 5, Episode 6.
As this is an episode from Blindspot season 5, this has some things in common with NuWho's own season 5.
This episode is about paintings and paintings was certainly a subject in NuWho's Vincent and the Doctor and then as the titular The Pandorica Opens. Coincidentally Fire & Brimstone came on June 18 2020, the day before the tenth anniversary of The Pandorica Opens on June 19.
Jane says that she and Kurt were breaking and entering.
NuWho's The Hungry Earth had Amy saying the same thing only for the Doctor to say it was sonicing and entering instead.
Fascinating episode about the infamous Gardner paintings.
Weitz sure became increasingly stressed when after failing to get Susan Shah off the vice presidential short-list it resulted in her disguised assassination.
Old 27-06-2020, 04:56 AM

Awl In:
Season 5, Episode 7.
Madeline brings in Ally with the latter being forced to do the former's bidding.
However Ally presents a coded message to Kurt in her televised plea to him.
Knew she is on the team's side.
Zapata meets Madeline's son but when the son Gregory realise who she is she pulls a gun on him.
She soon convinced Gregory to spy on his mother for them.
Unfortunately his reckless inquiry into his father's death and then speaking to Zapata on the phone in the building where all communication were monitor had Madeline discovering his betrayal.
She didn't kill him but had his memory including of herself wiped instead.
Horrifying what this mother has done to her son.
Intriguing Keaton turns up at the end and that Ally is part of his operation.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:06 AM

Ghost Train:
Season 5, Episode 8.
Shocking that Keaton gets killed after he became bait in a trap that lured Zapatala and in a virtual suicide turn the gun on Madeline and her men.
Soon Zapata made an unsuccessful attempt to kill Madeline but Madeline let her and eventually the rest of the team except Patterson got captured.
Patterson is the exception as she apparently got killed in an explosion she deliberately triggered.
I say apparently because like others I find it hard to accept that she is dead.
Could she had somehow survived.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:56 PM

Brass Tacks:
Antepenultimate episode.
Delighted that Patterson is alive after all as she enlists Boston's help to get into the FBI and help their friends.
Funny they got in by each dressing as the opposite gender.
Thrilling how this all played out including when an agent on Weller escaping and agreeing to aid this escape.
Surprising Reade's ex Megan turning up here as she is a journalist and Patterson gives her evidence against Madeline marking the end of her reign of terror.
Shocking that Weitz dies after succumbing to a gunshot womb.
An anonymous caller disguising his voice (soon to be revealed as Richard Shirley) let the team know about Madeline making her escape on a plane.
Perhaps not surprising Madeline commits suicide as she sees Zapata (with her gun pointing at her) for the last time.
Surprised however that she is killed off here with another two episodes to go.
After ratting out Madeline, Shirley joins forces with Ivy but gets a bullet in his head from her for his efforts.