Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 05-02-2020, 12:18 AM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
The Fugitive 4.7 Second Sight has a cop being informed about the fugitive Dr Richard Kimble and he asked "Doctor who?"

This first came on October 25 1966 for American audiences but it is unlikely to have been a Doctor Who reference as Doctor Who did not come to the US until 1972.

Incidentally I only came to this episode at this point in time due to the resumption of my viewing of The Fugitive prompted by learning the name of the Doctor Who episode Fugitive of the Judoon!
Old 05-02-2020, 08:19 PM

Father Time
Father Time is fan fiction published in DE #239.
Written by Katie Yu.
Featuring the Eleventh Doctor and Eleanor,
Enjoyable story that is set in 19th century France including Eleanor meeting her father at a time before she was born.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:25 PM

Doctor Puppet Commentary - Smoke and Mirrors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI36j...ture=emb_title
Old 08-02-2020, 01:37 AM

Short Trips: One Small Step...:
One Small Step... was originally a short story that was originally published in Short Trips: Past Tense featuring the Second Doctor, Jamie and Zoe and written by Nick Briggs.
I listened to Briggs' reading of his story which was released on the Big Finish Podcast in January 2009.
The title is in reference to the Moon landing which is used as its backdrop and was written way before 2011's The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon which uses the same backdrop.
The Doctor, Jamie and Zoe arrived at a beach where the Doctor meets a young boy.
The boy was at the beach after he got bored on watching the Moon landing on TV.
Tragedy strikes after the Doctor had a conversation with the boy.
The Doctor feels guilty about and fixes this tragedy.
The music for the reading is very haunting and fits in well with consequence of an action that was made at the moment. The title is really about that than the Moon landing.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:51 AM

42 x 6 - Praxeus:
Written by Pete McTighe and showrunner Chris Chibnall.
Guest stars Warren Brown and Matthew McNulty.
Brown had done several Big Finishes including playing Lt Sam Bishop in the UNIT series.
In Resolution, UNIT had its operations suspended.
Obviously Chibnall owed Brown a job!
In fact Brown plays Jake Willis who we first see as an ex-cop working in a supermarket but got fired for still acting as a cop.
Gabriella mentions reddit. This is the first time that reddit is referenced in Doctor Who but I did check with TARDIS Wiki to find that it was referenced in the Whoniverse before in Class in The Coach with the Dragon Tattoo.
Funny when the Doctor says that Ryan smelt of dead bird.
Ryan finds plastic whilst dissecting the dead bird which led the Doctor to mention the Autons but has nothing to do with them.
Funny when Yaz made a certain correction to Graham in Hong Kong.
The Doctor says brains, plural. Does she has two brains as well as two hearts.
Amaru gets killed by the birds but his death went unnoticed, on-screen, by the others. Whovians made fun of this when a (pretend) bird attacked Rove whilst the others continued talking oblivious to it.
Praxeus is the name of a virus and by sheer coincidence, as the production team could not have known about it at the time of filming, that current in the news is the Coronavirus.
Coincidentally coronaviruses spreads an infection the same way that Praxeus does.
One place affected by the coronaviruses is Hong Kong and Hong Kong is coincidentally in Praxeus.
What a surprise villain in Suki.
Oh my what a revelation that they were at the bottom of the Indian Ocean with all that plastic around.
I am disappointed for Yaz that it was not a planet that she discovered on her own.
A surprising good episode looking at a particular topic of the environment which is not the kind of subject that I am necessarily a subscriber to.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:32 PM

Ian Cullen has passed away.

Born on October 20 1939, Cullen appeared in Doctor Who in The Aztecs in 1964 playing Ixta.

In 2012 he played Nadeyan in the Dark Eyes episode X and the Daleks for Big Finish.

He was also in the Blake's 7 episode Seek-Locate-Destroy playing Base Commander Escon.

Other work included Department S, Voyage of the Da(m)ned (not the 2007 Doctor Who Christmas Special of the same name), Return of The Saint & Spender.

He died on November 12 2019, just 23 days after his 80th birthday.

Some 53 years after appearing in The Aztecs, Cullen found himself in the first episode of Whovians which had looked at The Pilot.

This happened by coincidence when Cullen accidentally bumped into host Rove McManus as he was filming a segment for it.

McManus acknowledged his passing in the Whovians episode on Spyfall almost two months later on January 9 2020.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:07 PM

As well as the current season with Jodie Whittaker, the ABC is also going back with a rerun of the Peter Capaldi’s final season as the Doctor starting with The Pilot this Friday February 14 2020 11:35pm.
It then continues on weekday mornings after midnight with Smile on Monday February 17 at 12:45am.
Times than vary after that so check guides for exact times.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:38 PM

TV WEEK of February 15-21 2020 on page 85 has Doctor Who as the subject of its Lifestyle Lounge.

It has a picture of Team TARDIS with the Doctor holding the sonic screwdriver.

With the headline "Out of this World - Let the Doctor's (Jodie Whittaker) bright blues inspire your next monochromatic outfit" as its presents Doctor Who themed fashion accessories.
Old 13-02-2020, 01:14 PM

42 x 7 - Can You Hear Me?:
Written by Charlene James and showrunner Chris Chibnall, the Who debut by the former.
This episode starts with a cold opening and the second story of this season to have one after the season opener Spyfall.
Would have been shocked with that creature covering Maryam's mouth if it hadn't been included in the Next Time trailer.
The Doctor brings her friends back to Sheffield but 77 minutes late.
At least it is way better when the Ninth Doctor took Rose home a year late in Aliens of London.
When Zellin first turn up in the TARDIS it made me think of the Dream Lord.
Can You Hear Me? came on February 9 2020, almost a decade after the Dream Lord's only appearance in Amy's Choice on May 15 2010.
Incidentally with the horror atmosphere of Can You Hear Me?, Amy herself Karen Gillan has said that she would like to direct a horror movie.
Zellin is played by Ian Gelder.
Gelder had played Dekker in Children of Earth and in Jodie Whittaker's previous season he voiced the Remnants in The Ghost Monument.
When Graham tells his card playing friends that travelling helps him not get stuck in the past it was neat that it then cuts to the TARDIS bringing the Doctor to 1380 Syria.
When Rakaya first turned up, I thought she look like Storm from X-Men.
Moving conversation between the Khan sisters during a meal.
Like Yaz's definition of the Doctor as impossible.
Terrifying when Zellin's fingers flew towards Graham, Yaz, Ryan and Tahira.
Should not be surprised that Grace turned up in Graham's dream.
Funny that it took the Doctor long to realise that her friends were not around.
Truly a fanboy moment when Zellin mentioned the Eternals, the Guardians and the Celestial Toymaker.
Quite a surprise that Rakaya is also a villain.
Not bad the animation in the backstory about Zellin and Rakaya.
When Ryan gave Tibo the explanation of where they are I shook my head thinking that he would not understand it.
Shocking when the world moved when the Doctor moved the globe.
Funny, amid Ryan's derision, when the Doctor says about a helping hand literally referring to Zellin's fingers.
Not bad how Zellin and Rakaya were dealt with.

Yaz's dream has her meeting a cop.

It is eventually revealed that Yaz met this cop Anita Patel. Quite interesting seeing what Yaz was like back then and then leads to her seeing Anita again in the present day.

When Graham tells the Doctor about his fears it was amusing what her response was.

Meanwhile Yaz and Ryan questions how long this will last.

Interesting the Doctor says that they are going to see Mary Shelley leading to the next episode The Haunting of Villa Diodati.
Old 14-02-2020, 08:47 PM

From Doctor Who: The Encyclopedia -

Nano-Recorder:
"The Doctor implanted tiny recorders into the palms of River Song, Karen Gillan, Matthew See, Canton Delaware III and himself. They tuned themselves directly into the speech centres of their brains to pick up their voices every time they activated their recorders. This meant they could record any Silent sightings before forgetting. The Silence took Karen's out and Matthew found it and could hear Karen's panic when she was in the Silent's base."