Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Schools in Lae > Bulae Primary School

Old 26-06-2002, 12:43 AM

rachelMaclean is on a distinguished road
I too went to Bulae.Im a bit fuzzy on the years but I think I started Prep in 1972.my brother and sister would have started at Bulae the year before...Lachlan in grade 2 and Pam in grade 3.We moved to Moresby in 75 or 76.
The people I remember from Bulae are Alison and Grant Leonard, a large family named the Hills but I cant remember any of their individual names but they lived in the same street as us.
Anyway a trip down memory lane this has been!!!!!
Old 29-10-2002, 10:17 AM

Ayisha is on a distinguished road
Know of an old Teacher there at BULAE

Hey yall,

I just thought that I would say that I know of an old teacher there who used to teach at BULAE. Dont know if any of you guys know Gale Young? She's my mom! Well, she is in the Northern Territory now!

Ayisha
Old 24-12-2002, 08:14 AM

wicked is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by aussie
There must be some "Bulae Babies" out there who want to get back in touch with their old schoolmates.

How about it guys/gals !
Yeps I certainly am. I was there 1978 till 1984. My name is Holmes. I went to school with Ronald Uhr, Robert Coventry, Martin Holzknecht, Lindsay Pulu and others whom I can't recall off the top of my head. Mr Allen J Hooper was the then headmaster. Great school. Wisdom through Knowledge is an appropriate logo. That school helped build character as well as a sense of community responsibilty. Does anyone know if the old year books still exist and is it possible to get copies ?
To all ex Bulae. Live forever.

ps Mrs Kingston now works with her husbands company in Lae. KKKingston.

Last edited by wicked; 19-12-2004 at 11:24 PM.
Old 15-03-2003, 05:31 PM

Bruce Rohrlach is on a distinguished road
Hello Dawn !! Isn't it a small world.

I just found myself in your posted photo of our Mrs Banks 3B class. I am second from the left at the back row.

Most names I have forgotten but there are a few that I remember quite clearly.
Back row Right hand end - Kelvin Tigatia?

2nd row from front 1st 2nd and 4th in from the left are Tony Seeto, Jordan Waterson and David Hamilton, and on the far right is Alan? Young?.

Front Row 3rd in from left - Is it Connie or Colleen? (Colleen Harris)?. Yes that is definitely Heidi Arp 2nd in from right.

Goodness I'm straining my brain cells to go any further. I might try and dig around at home Dawn and see if I can find any name labels as I am sure I have this same photo somewhere at home !!

Dawn, other teachers I remember were Mrs Maclean (grade 4), Mrs Webber (grade 5) and Mrs Wing (grade 6). I did Prep thru to Grade 2 at Huonville Primary School before it closed and we all then moved to either Bulae or LIPS for Grade 3. So I ended up in Bulae in your class.

Last edited by Bruce Rohrlach; 17-03-2003 at 12:26 PM.
Old 15-03-2003, 06:57 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
So that everyone does not have to go back and forth to see who is who - re Bruce's comments above, I have taken the liberty to post the photograph again here under the thread :

Bruce Rohrlach, 2nd on the left, back row :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg school2500.jpg (61.8 KB, 861 views)
Old 15-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

Has anyone ever wondered what these children look like today ?

If so, this is a photo that Bruce sent me recently. I asked if I could post it on our website and he kindly agreed. Apparently he is still enjoying the 'single life' ! Or perhaps its all his interests :

Mt Climbing, SCUBA, Saxophony, Landscape art, Travel, Photography, Geology, Skiing etc etc etc hahaha Certainly makes my life here in PNG sound very boring indeed !

Hence here is Bruce as seen on assignment doing field work in Mindanao in the Philippines in 1999. Bruce is an Exploration Geologist who has just taken 4 years study leave doing his doctorate. Bruce has now completed his studies, and is presently writing papers for publication and wandering what comes next.

Seems Bruce still misses PNG - his comments to me recently :
quote :

Browsing your site makes me pine for PNG. Maybe I will come back one day soon - the Kokoda and/or Bulldog trail are on my list of things to do in the coming years before I get too old.

unquote :

Photo : Bruce Rohrlach - Mindanao in the Philippines in 1999 :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bruce-rohlach500.jpg (64.5 KB, 859 views)
Old 16-03-2003, 08:31 AM

dawn is on a distinguished road
re school photo

These are the name I can remember :

bottom row left - Cheetra, myself, Connie, Michelle stubbs, Mrs Banks, Lisa, ?, Heide Arp ?.

left to Mrs Banks, David Hamilton

3rd row Suzanne 1st left and 2nd right Melisa.

I remember a Howard and William but can`t place them on the photo.
Old 16-05-2003, 03:10 PM

Roylel is on a distinguished road
Another Baby

Hi All,

I was a Bulae Baby (grade 6 in 1983). My brother Michael was also a Bulae Baby, he also went to LIHS. He left Lae in 1980 (I think) to go to boarding school. My dad (Keith Royle) was on the board (chairman I think) of Bulae for the majority of the time we were there. I really did love that school. Memories come flooding back of roller skating in the assembly hall and those great plays we had to do as a class on the stage.

Leah Royle
Old 31-05-2003, 11:52 PM

donfriel is on a distinguished road
I remember

Hi leah.
You wont remember me but I remember you. Well your name at least. And I remember your brother. Im pretty sure we were in the same class for years.
What do you look like these days? Kids? Husbands?
Me..none.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:31 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

I heard from Leah and she said Michael and her both live in Queensland.

Leah is doing an IT Degree in Brisbane and Michael is running his own electricial business.

Keith and Jan Royle (my ex boss for many years at TGA - The Glass and Aluminium Suppliers) live on the Sunshine Coast near the water.

Leah can tell you her life story but to the best of my knowledge - like yourself - no kids !