Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Schools in Lae > Bulae Primary School

Old 09-10-2001, 07:35 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Which one are you Dawn ?

I have asked my two older children to check this pic out.

Shane was born in 1968 and Cheree 1969 so they might not remember even the teacher but its worth a try.
Old 09-10-2001, 08:15 PM

dawn is on a distinguished road
I am on the front row second along.The one with the blonde hair.
the girl to the right is Connie and next to her Michelle Stubbs.On the other end second along is Hiede Arp.Thats about all the names I can remember.It was a long time ago.The teacher is Mrs Banks.
The only other teachers I remember are Miss Pritchard and Mr Tindel and i think the headmaster was Mr Hooper.
Old 10-10-2001, 01:53 AM

When my family and I left lae in 1976 Mr and Mrs Banks moved it to the house I lived in on Ollyander av.(I think that is the right spelling).Next door to them was Stuart Thompson .He was a pliceman for lae police until 1978 in think.
Old 10-10-2001, 01:59 AM

After living in the uk for the last 26 years my hair is no longer blonde not enough sun to bleach it.It is now light brown.
Old 31-10-2001, 01:24 AM

jules is on a distinguished road
dawn's photo

Dawn, I think I was in your class -- and left to go to the Gold Coast the year before this was taken. I recognise you, Michelle, a boy called Drew at the back, and a few others who I can't put a name to. We had Mrs.Womersly and then a skinny dark haired teacher for our second year. I was "best friends" (as you say when you're under 8!) with Gillian McKie who was also in our class -- but not that photo.
I only lived in Lae with for 2 1/2 years -- my dad (John Batsford) taught catering at the Tech, my mum worked at the Melanesian hotel and my little sister Fiona went to a nursery school. Have very fond memories of Bulae (all that swimming!) , and would love to go back and visit sometime!
Old 01-11-2001, 10:08 PM

I learnt to swimming at Bulae pool.I remember the first time i swam a full lenth of the pool .It was a relay ,my legs were like jelly when i got out the water.
Do you remmber the quary ? I remember spending a lot of time there fishing and lots of times nearly falling in.
Old 29-11-2001, 03:39 PM

donfriel is on a distinguished road
Babies

Hello to all. Ive only just discovered this site so ill weigh in as well. Im a bulae babie and still have my sash to prove it. Hello to all the thomas's , i remember you well. Shane and i went to school together for what seems like an enternity. Mrs T , are you still in png ?
Seems like theres only 4 people ever discovered this site so its got to get bigger. Great work.
Also a public Awesome for brentons newsletter which ive just discovered as well. Get on to it.
Anyway ,if anyone remembers me , Donovan or Donny as i was then. Write me.
Old 29-11-2001, 11:48 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Well Hello There !

Hi Donovan,

Welcome aboard. Yes we remember you well, and yes we are both still living in PNG.

Shane will be thrilled to hear from you coz it was his suggestion in the first place to set up a board where old school chums could meet.

Shane is working in England as a computer programmer, how about you ?

And yes, we are hoping this site grows so more and more school friends can find each other.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:51 AM

Chrissie_1975 is on a distinguished road
Bulae Babies

I went to Bulae from 1980 - 1982 am 26 now and living in Australia was any one in the same years as me???
Old 25-06-2002, 04:04 PM

rachelMaclean is on a distinguished road
One of those guys could have been my brother, the very blonde one near the teacher looks like him but the photo is a bit grainy so I could be wrong. If Im right his name is Lachlan Maclean.My sister also would have been around thatyear Pamela.....and I think I may have been in grade I then..the memory is a bit foggy. But I certainly remember Twinkle Toes Tindall!!!!