Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates

School Mates Catch up with your school mates from PNG. TISOL, POMIS, RIS, POM Grammar, Bulae, and a lot more!

Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 PM

SteveO is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone,
Steve Ottway here. Strange how things happen, Leigh found this forim two weeks ago, now it's my turn.
My how all your names conjure up memories, the creek, butterfly hunting (remember Ray ?? and needles filled with formalin), scout camps, Salamoa, I'll start weeping soon...
Will read all the posts at leisure at home (it's work time over here in France).
I've passed the forum address onto Dad (he was our Scoutmaster for a time), I'll bet he's got a stack of photos.
Best yo all and catch you again.
Steve
Old 12-07-2012, 10:53 AM

pbuckley is on a distinguished road
G'day Steve and Leigh, sorry to here about your mum. I was just up visiting family in Brisbane and my mum and dad were upset at the news.
Old 15-08-2012, 11:05 PM

lauwtsl is on a distinguished road
Hi All
I am sure I have a picture of cubs/scouts with Leigh in it. Will try to find it...

San
Old 15-08-2012, 11:11 PM

Another post to keep this thread alive...I started this as "lauwt" back a long time ago. So long that I forgot my password, email I used etc hence my new user name but importantly the thread lives on. If I got my act together would create a web page. Btw I emailed Bob Davis (Headmaster at Igam Primary) many moons ago and yes he took great pleasure in correcting my small grammatical mistake. Typical. Mind you I could have finally corrected him on his lousy pronunciation of "thank you" in French (Steve living in France reminded me of this)- something like "mozzy bow coupe". Ah memories
Old 15-02-2013, 11:44 AM

Igam Cubs and Scouts

Hi Leigh

Found an old picture of us...cubs and you in scouts uniform (I never did make it to Scouts).

If you would like a copy let me know.

Regards
San
Old 27-04-2013, 11:29 AM

chewymilo is on a distinguished road
My name is Jenny Bradley and we lived on the Barracks from 1980 until xmas 1983. PNG holds the best childhood memories for me!
Old 27-04-2013, 11:44 AM

Igam

Can't agree more! We arrived June 1968 and left Dec 72. As an 8 yr old growing up with brothers and sister we had fantastic adventures there!!
Old 18-04-2014, 09:30 AM

Update

Hi all

Anyone interested in creating a Facebook group or page for Igam or Lae a High kids?

San
Old 19-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Smile Igam and Lae High Kids

Thank you for the Facebook reference...interesting but not really my years and no reference to Igam. My years 1968 to 1972 with Igam the first 3 years. Would love to see any school pictures from then
Old 29-09-2014, 11:35 PM

Sharon M is on a distinguished road
Wink Hi Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh O View Post
Just found this website. I lived at Igam Barracks in the Late sixties. The Ottway clan are all well. Steven lives in France, Simon has his own business in Tas and Paul works for him. Unfortunately Mum passed away earlier this year, but Dad is good. I recognise a lot of the names on the forum. I remember San and Giok. Peter Buckley, the Sullivans, Guy and Sharon Melling.(I think Sharon was my first love, LOL. Happy memories of a simpler life. Looking forward to retiring from the Navy in a couple of years. How time flies.
Great to be remembered! Guy lives in Vanuatu and I live in Brisbane. They were memorable years, we grew up having far more adventures than the average kid!I often tell the kids I teach about falling out of trees and riding my bike down a gravel hill and nearly killing myself. Playing in the creek behind our MQ and Guy driving the VW around the barracks when mum & dad were out. Movie night at the mess was always interesting.