Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 13-03-2013, 02:45 AM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
In Buffy, Willow and Oz played by Alyson Hannigan and Seth Green respectively went out together until they had a tragic breakup in the fourth season during college.

Well Alyson Hannigan and Seth Green were reunited in How I Met Your Mother in 8.11 The Final Page Part 1 in which the former is a regular cast member. However they were not presented as a reunion of ex-lovers probably because Alyson Hannigan’s character Lily is married to someone else and anyone knows the history of this series would probably realise that bringing in an ex-boyfriend of Lily would probably not make sense to the history of her relationship with her husband Marshall.
So instead Green plays Daryl and the only thing that Lily and Daryl have in common with Willow and Oz is that they went to college together respectively.
While Willow had love for Oz, there was no such love from Lily to Daryl as she and Marshall have always thought of him an oddball. In fact they thought of him as creepy and it was this impression that led to them to fear for their lives from him.
This is because when Daryl told them that he was going to give them something and they said they didn’t want to be murdered by him thinking he was about to produce a weapon to kill them with. However it wasn’t a weapon he was producing but a cheque of a large sum of money he wanted to give them in order to tell them that he had done very well since he last saw them.
It was because of Lily and Marshall jumping the gun on Daryl’s intentions towards them that Daryl tore off the cheque.
Now if only Alyson Hannigan had kept the love on Seth Green as that would have made Lily a rich woman.

The episode also featured another Buffy alum Alexis Denisof in his recurring role on the series.
Old 19-04-2013, 01:08 PM

Buffy got referenced in a Doctor Who: State of Decay DVD special feature.
In the special feature Leaves of Blood author Simon Clark brought up The Stake by Richard Laymon.
Published in 1990, Clark said The Stake is about American high school cheerleader who is a vampire and that it paved the way for Buffy which was about vampires in American high schools. Perhaps mistakenly on Clark’s part he said “Buffy the Vampire” without saying “Slayer” afterwards!
Old 20-04-2013, 11:04 AM

In Buffy, Buffy and Darla as played by Sarah Michelle Gellar and Julie Benz respectively were foes with Buffy the vampire slayer and Darla a vampire in fact the first vampire to appear in the Buffy TV series.
Well Julie Benz’s current TV series in Defiance and playing her sister is Mia Kirshner. Mia Kirshner never appeared in Buffy but she did appear in the spoof movie Not Another Movie in which she played a character that was a parody on a character in Cruel Intentions one that was played in the first Cruel Intentions movie by Sarah Michelle Gellar.

So in a way Buffy and Darla got to become sisters in Defiance.
Old 21-04-2013, 12:15 PM

Buffy gets a reference on another special feature on the Doctor Who: State of Decay DVD.
In The Blood Show anthropologist Dr Lola Martinez mentioned Angel from Buffy as an example of a character that has been used in vampire romance.
Old 13-06-2013, 01:44 PM

There was perhaps an in-joke to Buffy in the Defiance episode I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times when Mayor Amanda was asked whether Robert Pattinson had played a vampire or a werewolf (in the Twilight movies and to get this out of the way now it was the former). Amanda responded that being a girl was why she was asked this question. That and/or probably the fact that Amanda herself, Julie Benz had played a vampire Darla in Buffy & Angel.
Old 19-07-2013, 12:24 PM

James Marsters and Tony Head both appeared in Warehouse 13 season 4. Initially appearing separately they then appeared together playing brothers in contrast to the fact that they were anything but brothers in Buffy.
Then again maybe it was the Warehouse 13 production team emphasising them being from the Buffy fraternity and fraternity means brotherhood.
In Buffy, Head played good guy Giles and Marsters as Spike started off as a villain before crossing to the side of good.
In Warehouse 13 it is the good guy-villain reversal with Marsters being a sort of good guy and Head the villain.
In addition to all this Warehouse 13 was co-created by another Buffy luminary Jane Espenson (although she hasn’t been involved with its production beyond its conception and therefore was not involved with the Marsters-Head episodes) and two of the Marsters-Head episodes were written by Drew Z Greenberg who earlier written on Buffy meaning that in Warehouse 13 he got to write for characters played by Marsters and Head.
Old 21-07-2013, 09:32 PM

The Funday Telegraph in the Sydney Sunday Telegraph had an interview with Clare Kramer.
She talked about her time on Buffy including filming with Sarah Michelle Gellar a scene of live snakes when a 10 foot boa constrictor went missing. She and Sarah Michelle Gellar refused to calm down saying, “Don’t try to calm us down, find the snake!”
The snake was eventually found in a set wall and it took the production crew a couple of hours to get it out of there.

She says about being noticed by Buffy fans as they bow down to her and say “The Great Glorificus” even though she at pains to point to them she is just an actor.
Old 26-07-2013, 05:28 PM

Recently saw the animated movie Justice League: Doom and it featured three actors from the Whedonverse, Nathan Fillion (as the Green Lantern & who once appeared in Buffy in the final few episodes of season 7 playing villain Caleb), Alexis Denisof and Juliet Landau.
Old 21-09-2013, 12:22 PM

Saw Anthony Stewart Head in Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters in which he played Chiron.
The Sydney Sunday Telegraph’s Nick Dent in his review of Sea of Monsters noted that with Head playing Chiron he was for all intents and purposes reprising his old role as Buffy’s mentor Giles.

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters also featured another Whedonverse alum former Firefly lead actor and one time Buffy guest star Nathan Fillion.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:17 AM

The Jane Austen Book Club had a reference to Buffy with the reference made by the character played by Hugh Dancy and somewhat ironically the movie also includes a Buffy alum that of Marc Blucas.