Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Schools in Lae > Bulae Primary School

Old 22-07-2003, 07:05 PM
Administrator

Shane Thomas is on a distinguished road
Smile What ever happened to you?

Hi Kirstin,

I remember you, from about year 7 onwards, can't say I remember you ever going to Bulae though.

What did you do after leaving Lae? Did you go back to Germany? I was in Munich last September for the Oktober Fest. Had a blast.

I went back to Australia, but now I am living in the UK, so travel over to Europe whenever I can get a chance.

Anyway catch you later.

Shane
Old 24-07-2003, 10:55 AM

NMA is on a distinguished road
Two of my children were Bulae Babies. Damian (incorrectly spelt on his sash after 8 years, he repeated Grade 2) was at school at Bulae from 1972 to 1979 when he went to St Bede's in Melbourne. Bernadine was there from 1974 to 1980 when she went to MLC in Melbourne.
My other children, Marian went to Grade 2 at Bulae in 1971 and completed Grade 6 in 1975, Stephen did Grade 1 in 1971 and completed Grade 6 in 1976.
Gillian began Prep in 1975, Owen in 1976 and Pauline in 1980. Gillian did Grade 6 at home in 1981 and Owen did Gr5 then went to LIPS for Gr 6. Pauline did Grade 1 - 6 at home. My two youngest, Eoghan, did correspondence at home from 1981 to 1985 then 2 years at LIPS and Roxine did correspondence from 1984 to 1988 then finished her primary schooling at LIPS.
Old 26-07-2003, 11:01 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Why hello there. I do not know if you remember me, but I sure remember you. I used to wonder where you got all your energy from. You had many children to raise but still you found time to teach swimming at the school, train the local swim squad etc etc

I am sure many a child that used to live in Lae, will remember you and your dedication to swimming and to Bulae. From a mother of two children who went to the school, I personally wish to thank you as my children enjoyed many an hour in a pool safe from harm and in the tropics, we were always surrounded by swimming pools in almost every backyard.

I can still picture your bus heading around the streets of Lae and the faces of your children. I am sure our visitors would love to see a photograph of the family, if you have an old or a later one, please email me and I will post for you. aussie@pngbd.com
Old 20-08-2003, 08:17 PM

jinxy is on a distinguished road
Lae 1964-1982

Hi all,

I lived in Lae from 1964-1982 and went to Bulae and L.I.H.S.

Was good friends with the Vollerts, Pelgens, Jacobsens and all involved with the pony club.

I di all my primary school from pre-school to grade 7 at Bulae and can still see the school grounds clearly even though I left a while ago.

Well just wanted to drop in and say hi

P.s Have been a copper in Qld since 1983 and currently in Bundaberg

Ron MIENTJES
Old 25-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Cool Moderator

robbo is on a distinguished road
Hi I'm a bulae babie can't remember what year with Hallie Tindal and Kelly Tinall I'll try and get our photo scanned I'm new at this Pauline Robertson
Old 25-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Cool Moderator

Bulae Babies

Hi there guys Pauline Robertson, I was a Bulae Baby with Hallie Tindall and Kelly Tindall olde Twinkle Toes !!! Hee Hee
Old 28-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Cool Moderator

Pauline (Robo)

Yes I was a Bulae babie too went right thru from prep (Mrs Wamersby) and old Twinkle Toes, I owe him a lot, he fought for me to be able to go to school, because I had a speech impediment. I used to play with Hallie Tindal and Kelly Tindle we used to have sleep overs, Oh yeah Hi Shane and Donny, and I remember Heide Arp, who was the neatest writer in the class!!!!
Old 28-10-2003, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Shane Thomas is on a distinguished road
Smile Hi Pauline

Hey Pauline,

Good to see that you finally found this site. Probably 20 years since I last saw you guys. People seem to pop up from time to time which is good though.

How is Andrew? Say hi. You will have to point him in this direction.

So kids now I see. Congratulations. I have a 6 year old son named Liam.

Currently living in Cambridge in the UK. Not for tooooooo much longer if I can help it though.

Make sure you work on those photos. Especially the Show ground days.

Catcha later

Shane
Old 29-10-2003, 01:36 AM

donfriel is on a distinguished road
yeh hello

Hello Pauline. Great to hear a familiar name pop up again. Where are you these days?
Old 29-10-2003, 07:25 AM
Cool Moderator

Pauline's In Salamander Bay

Hi yeah I'm in Salamander Bay been here over 2 years nowits a lot like Png small town!!! Hee you fart and everybody knows. I have 2 kids girls and they are a handful, and I have a great husband we have our ouwn business, I've just finished all the paperwork for the BAS and I'm stuffed! Andrew's fine Denise is doing great on GP Always Greener and she has a acting school. I;ve sent Brenton a little title tales for his newsletter, that this fizzeled brain can remember. I'm planning to go to Scotland next year (fingers crossed) so if your still over there FLAME i'll get in touch for a headace like Don's It would be good Don't work too hard guys youve all seemed to have done well in your job descriptions!! Catch ya soon, while I think of it isn't the internet something else!!!! Paulus