Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Business Forum > Tok SAVE

Tok SAVE We invite you to voice your questions or opinions on issues related to PNG. Serious discussions only!

Old 18-09-2004, 01:12 PM

Jaki Rogers is on a distinguished road
Miss Red Cross

Would you be able to trace the first Miss South Pacific Rosey Wainu - she was my friend in l972? Married Alfred "Raubi" (I think) she was from Lae.
Old 20-09-2004, 08:02 PM

begut is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by meripng
Firstly it is important to understand that the "Miss Papua New Guinea Red Cross Quest", is a major fundraising activity of the Papua New Guinea Red Cross Society.

The Papua New Guinea Red Cross Society was incorporated by an Act of Parliament in March, 1976. This Act provided the Society with certain mandates to provide community and humanitarian services to people in great need of help after their normal lives have been affected by certain disasters.

These mandates provided for the provision of:

(i) furnishing of aid to the sick and wounded, irrespective of nationality;
(ii) rendering of assistance to victims in any public disaster or needs; and
(iii) improvement of health, prevention of diseases, and mitigation of suffering.

Hope the above answers your question.
Cheers,
meripng...
Hi meripng!
OK! Thank you very much for your detailed well researched answer! For above purposes the Miss PNG Red Cross Quest is indeed an excellent instrument to raise funds for the benefit of people in need in PNG! That is great!

But it is hard labour too on the part of the girls. Therefore, I guess, not the most beautiful girl may want to participate, but the one most industrious, the one who can talk best, the one who may be most business-minded. These ones would be most successful in fund-raising.

Can you see the point I want to make? Not the most beautiful girl may want participate, but the one most industrious, but pretty. Once I had encouraged a girl to participate. She did. She was very beautiful! But she became only last... she did not raise much money... She was very beautiful... but not industrious enough. Therefore at that time I thought that not the beauty counts but to a large degree also the money raised. Of course, I can be wrong.

I would appreciate, if you could let me know, who came first this year! Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
begut, Germany
Old 25-10-2004, 01:30 PM

meripng is on a distinguished road
when is the crowning for this year???????? Haven heard anything in the papers laterly... Anyone to update on dis????

Cheers,
meripng
Old 29-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Miss Traditional Judging this coming Saturday

Alison Anis (Ace) our journalist will be covering this event this coming weekend at the Port Moresby Grammar School.

Stay tuned next week for an update and colourful photographs.....
Old 29-10-2004, 08:51 AM

Able is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

The crowing of the 2004 Miss PNG Red Cross Charity Quest will be held on the 6th of November at the Grand Palace Restaurant in Port Moresby.

There are seven girls entered and they are -
Ashwin Samson -- Miss Warehouse
Dani Kunia -- Miss Koiari
Julie Joseph -- Miss Rabaul Travelodge
Linda Natera -- Miss NCD/Central Province
Maria Boromu -- Miss Vanimo Beach Hotel
Priscilla Daniels -- Miss WHP PNGRC
Sheryn Bernard -- Miss Manus

Don't forget also that the judging for the Miss Traditional title of the Miss PNG quest will be held at the Port Moresby Grammar School on the 30th of October from 1 pm to 4:30 pm. An entry fee of K20 per person is being charged. Last year (2003) Miss Traditional, Cynthia Asi, went on to become Miss PNG for the year.

PNGBD will be covering the Miss Traditional judging so I am sure you will be able to read about it on this web site.

Last edited by Able; 29-10-2004 at 08:57 AM.
Old 30-10-2004, 12:33 AM

begut is on a distinguished road
Hi Able,
thnak you very much indeed for this fine information! Well appreciated! I believe, I remember todays Miss Manus, Sheryn Bernard, when she did not go to school yet.

I am wishing all of you a great day on this event tomorrow! I wish I could be there. Please, let me know about the outcome. And take some nice photos! OK? And let the world see, how beautiful the girls of PNG are!

Cheers,
Begut from Germany
Old 01-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Not many people attended the event. It was quiet, not as lively as it
used to be. Only five contestants showed up out of the seven.

The entrants looked spectacular in thier trational costumes....more in
the the pictures and story later today - refer PNG Photo Gallery - Whats On, Whats Happening area on our PNGBD website..
Old 02-11-2004, 01:58 PM

***aCe*** is on a distinguished road
Pictures & Updates on the quest

Hi All

The event you have all been waiting for. Heres to show the updates on the Miss Traditional Judging at Pom Grammar plus the pictures taken during that time.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE UPDATES AND TO SEE PICTURES TAKEN DURING THE MISS TRADITIONAL JUDGING. Picture below shows the five entrants who took part...find out more...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 037.jpg (192.2 KB, 225 views)
Old 02-11-2004, 02:49 PM

***aCe*** is on a distinguished road
Forgot to mention....'please watch out for our coverage and pictures on the crowning, coming Saturday night
Old 03-11-2004, 02:46 PM

meripng is on a distinguished road
Thanks Alison and Gail for the update on this which is very much appreciated.

Best of Luck to the girls this weekend..........

Cheers!!

Yaku Ninich