Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Port Moresby > Long Term Accommodation

Long Term Accommodation Apartments and Houses for those who live and work in Papua New Guinea

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2008, 04:25 PM

lochness is on a distinguished road
Smile

Never fear my friend, Russ is in the irrigation and pumps industry and has been for over 20 years, so I cant see him changing tact now.

I have been net hopping most of the day gathering further information about Port Moresby and have found conflicting information on varying subjects. Thank heaven we are a rather optimistic bunch.

So long as Lochy is safe then the rest should happily fall into place. He will be pleased about the soccer.

They are talking about his package including salary, accommodation, car and further negotioable expat benefits. After some searching I have a preliminary list of furnished home, removal expenses, annual leave, super, medical, school, possible Yacht club membership (apparently this is the one to be a member of -I am sure you can advise of this) and now your 'look see', which I would have insisted upon anyhow, I need to truly know what we are getting into, mind you my parents worked for Qantas for 25 years and we were dragged all over the planet and we survived .

Are there any preferences with regard to living areas? Better or worse, close to school, Yacht club (Russ is a mad keen deep sea angler in his off time), expat families, etc?

Thank you for replying so promptly to me, cheers Tony

Ness