Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 05-01-2017, 01:04 AM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
In DWM’s The 2016 Yearbook it has 40 obituaries across seven pages of Doctor Who luminaries who passed away between December 2014 and November 2015.
On each of these seven pages it has at least one person who had also worked on The Avengers and/or The New Avengers.
This overlap of credits with the Doctor Who and The Avengers universes certainly reflects the fact that both have the same creator in Sydney Newman.
Old 13-01-2017, 01:27 AM

Been reading on The New Avengers 2.6 Trap and noticed that The Sweeney’s own 2.6 is also called Trap.
The namesake episodes were shown two years apart with The Sweeney episode coming on October6 1975 and The New Avengers episode just a little over two years later in the same month on October 14 1977.
Old 24-01-2017, 12:49 PM

Saw Patrick Macnee in the pilot of Automan in which he played the villain in which he runs a villa where kidnapped people are being placed which makes it rather akin to The Village in The Prisoner.
This kind of makes John Steed No.2 of the Village.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:14 PM

John Steed was played in The Avengers & The New Avengers by Patrick Macnee and in the 1998 movie he was played by Ralph Fiennes.
However subsequent to The Avengers movie, Fiennes in his career path found himself more in common with Macnee than John Steed.
In Skyfall & Spectre, Fiennes played James Bond’s boss M and Macnee himself had appeared in a Bond movie in A View To A Kill playing Sir Godfrey Tibbett.
More recently Fiennes was cast as Professor Moriarty in the upcoming movie Holmes and Watson.
Macnee himself had played both Holmes and Watson each at different times in TV movies.
Macnee as Holmes and Fiennes as Moriarty and the fact that both played the same character in John Steed. Talk about different sides of the same coin.
Old 22-02-2017, 07:56 PM

Recently saw the pilot of Walliams & Friend.

Walliams & Friend is a sketch show starring David Walliams and each episode is accompanying by a friend as stated in the series title.
Walliams had for his first Friend , Joanna Lumley.
Among the sketches in the pilot was The Seven Lumleys in which Lumley is having a meeting with six other Lumleys (one of whom played by Walliams).
During The Seven Lumleys, they mentioned a James Bond convention as Lumley herself was a Bond girl, but not the main one, in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service with mention made of main Bond girls Diana Rigg (the aforementioned On Her Majesty’s Secret Service) and Honor Blackman.
It is curious that of all the main Bond girls that got mentioned it had to be Rigg and Blackman since the one thing that Rigg, Blackman and Lumley all have in common apart from being Bond girls is that they were also Avengers girls!
Old 04-03-2017, 12:08 PM

The penultimate episode of The New Avengers is called The Gladiators.
As far as watching episodes are concerned The New Avengers is one show that I have long done and dusted with and one TV series that I currently watch is Scandal in which coincidentally, due to the aforementioned The New Avengers episode, Olivia Pope and Associates refer to themselves as Gladiators.
I myself was a Gladiator when I met my wife Bessie Bardot and have fantastic sex with her.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:15 PM

Recently saw the third Bridget Jones movie Bridget Jones’s Baby in which returning cast members Jim Broadbent and Colin Firth reprise their characters.
Outside of the Bridget Jones movies, Broadbent and Firth had similar career choices as Broabent was in The Avengers movie in 1998 playing Mother and Firth had a lead role in Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014).

Both movies seemed similar in style in their presentation.
However The Avengers movie had proven itself to be a box office bomb whereas Kingsman had become a box office success.
Kingsman is basically what The Avengers movie should have been at least that is the conclusion I have come up with.
Kingsman has spawned a sequel Kingsman: The Golden Circle coming out later this year 2017.
The Avengers movie in contrast did not get a sequel and if there was any thought of a sequel then undoubtedly it got blown away due to The Avengers movie becoming a box office bomb.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:34 PM

On The Avengers Forever site read up on The New Avengers finale Emily.
This makes me bring up a famous Emily, Emily Ratajkowski.

Sometime ago Emily Ratajkowski did a Lady Godiva went she rode naked on a horse.
My wife Karen Gillan was once dubbed Lady Godiva when at a hotel she was staying at, hotel guests called her that when they found her wandering naked. I of course had sex with my wife Karen afterwards.

One TV series that I currently watched is Powerless in which the lead character is called Emily Locke.

The New Avengers’ Emily also has a character called Reddington and I am now seeing a different Reddington, that of Raymond Reddington in The Blacklist.

Emily is the thirteenth and final episode of The New Avengers’ second season. The thirteenth and final episode of Matt Smith’s own second season as Doctor Who also featuring my wife Karen Gillan as Amy Pond is The Wedding of River Song.
It would be very good to have the title of The Wedding of Matthew See and Karen Gillan as I Matthew See have fantastic sex with my wife Karen Gillan.

Last edited by Matt See; 06-03-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Old 15-03-2017, 05:41 PM

After the end of The New Avengers, series co-creator Brian Clemens was invited to write a pilot for Quinn Martin Productions.
Entitled Escapade, the pilot episode was broadcast on CBS in 1978 and it was essentially the US remake of The New Avengers but without a John Steed with it starring Granville Van Dusen and Morgan Fairchild as Joshua and Suzy – Gambit and Purdey equivalents. It was not picked up as a series.

The pilot of Escapade can be seen here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xss...lot_shortfilms

The pilot is entitled I Thought It Was Someone i Knew.
Joshua and Suzy are two US Secret Service agents when a fellow agent Paula (Janice Lynde) went missing and they investigate and what happen to her in order to find her.
Overall not a bad pilot and would not have minded where things would have gone if it became a series.
Morgan Fairchild as Suzy was very fun with what she says here including what she says about Paula’s red hair.

Incidentally Morgan Fairchild and her New Avengers predecessor Joanna Lumley have something in common that has nothing to do remotely with the world of The Avengers and that of being in a time travel narrative.
Joanna Lumley played the Comic Relief Thirteenth Doctor in The Curse of The Fatal Death while Morgan Fairchild was in Test Tube Teens from the Year 2000 a movie that involved time travel.
Old 19-03-2017, 02:02 AM

Rewatched The Avengers movie based on the 1960s TV series released in 1998.
The Avengers movie was a box office bomb and I remember reading a review of it at the time of its release.
While I do not remember the words I do remember it was very critical of how the movie was presented.
One thing I do remember from this review is that it says that it was based on the TV series created by Sydney Newman and the review writer added that Newman had also created Doctor Who.
Given that this was in 1998 it was a rarity to see Doctor Who getting a mention in a mainstream publication.
Coincidentally around this time when I was out in the real world I was in a café when two people nearby talked about The Avengers movie.
The Avengers movie had future Comic Relief Eleventh Doctor Jim Broadbent as Mother and includes him meeting Emma Peel played here by Uma Thurman.
Incidentally official Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith met original Emma Peel actress Diana Rigg in Doctor Who: The Crimson Horror and that episode had the Doctor wearing a bowler hat. No doubt a nod to John Steed who always wears a bowler hat given the said presence of Rigg in this episode.
Uma Thurman was a redhead when she played Emma Peel and given that Broadbent would become the Comic Relief Eleventh Doctor, this is a kind of prescient to the Matt Smith Eleventh Doctor getting a redhead companion in Amy Pond played by my wife Karen Gillan.
The Avengers movie won a Razzie Award Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel and later on Karen Gillan attended the premiere of Sex and the City 2 and that too won a Razzie for that exact same category.
John Steed in The Avengers movie was played by Ralph Fiennes and original James Bond Sean Connery plays the villain Sir August de Wynter.
This is not the only time that Fiennes had encountered a James Bond actor as Fiennes himself later appeared in Bond movies playing M, the boss to Daniel Craig’s James Bond.
Original John Steed Patrick Macnee has a cameo in the movie but we only hear his voice as indicated by the name of his character Invisible Jones.
The Avengers movie also includes Keeley Hawes. As The Avengers is a spy series, Hawes would later be a regular as a spy in another spy series Spooks.