Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Finding (Old) Friends

Finding (Old) Friends Come here if you want to find and catch up with your old friends. Also try the School Forums if your friend was associated with one.

Old 29-01-2008, 08:49 PM

ravo1 is on a distinguished road
Hi Ricky,sent you a Quick hello on schoolfriends website. May not remember me but I was friends with Gilly Chee,Michael Schuck, Craig Smith, Debbie Howard and many others but I was pretty quiet(I thought so anyway!) There is a reunion each year in Brisbane-this year 18th May and my sister Sasha and I thought it would be nice to put out the word and see if we can get some interest from the "younger generation" ie OURS! I haven't been to one yet but it is usually a family affair. Hope this gives you all something to look forward to. I'm not sure who organises it, but can find out. Regards Kim (Ravenscroft) Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi
To those of you tht had the fortune of growing up on Bougainville here is a excellent website.

http://www.riverbendnelligen.com/bougainvillec1.html

I was over in Cairns last week on a business trip and caught up with Julian Buckrell for a night on the town. Over a few drinks we talked about oragnising a reunion for all the old Bougainville brats that grew up on Bougainville during the 70's and 80's. We discussed the possibility of a trip back to Bougainville for old times sake.

If you are interested in a reunion in the furture for all the old Bougainville brats please respond to this thread so that we can gauge the interest.

Regards,

Ricky Hall (aka Ricky van Kempen)
Old 30-01-2008, 01:02 PM

warrenz is on a distinguished road
i think this site may be able to help you
http://www.vcao.net you can try it
Perhaps may help you!
good luck!
Old 31-01-2008, 01:26 PM

Kiwi is on a distinguished road
Kim,

I do remember you, as I aslo used to hang around with Michael Schuck, Craig Smith, Debbie Howard and many others. I have run into both Michael and Craig numerous times over the years, having worked with them for approximately 18 months. Have you been in contact with Debie Howard? Do you know where she is or what she is doing? I am currently living and working in Port Hedland, WA - there are a couple of people around with the name 'Ravenscroft'... any relation?

Regards,

Ricky
Old 03-02-2008, 11:06 PM

gemsie98 is on a distinguished road
Hi, Just found this site, I used to live in Kieta, Happy Valley is what we all called it, we lived there from 81 to 89, a couple of years inbetween was spent at Kimbie, the best years of my life were spent in happy valley, does anyone know Dawn and john Robinson their kids were simone and dean, shannon, dawn had a hairdressing salon at the Divara Hotel. And a couple called Manie and Vihinie (incorrect spelling I would say) The Taylor Family. Anyway we lived across the road from the beach and dad worked for the water board as a sparkie, his name is Howard Johnston. would love to hear from someone. Seeya
Old 04-02-2008, 12:10 PM

ROBSON is on a distinguished road
Wink

Hi Gemma have to catch up soon. Thinking of coming up that way June.

Simone

email me simone71@aapt.net.au

Last edited by ROBSON; 04-02-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:34 PM

ravo1 is on a distinguished road
Hi Kiwi
No relations in Port Hedland that I know of. The last time I saw Debbie Howard, she was living in Sydney and had just had her third child. I know her family have all been living in Brisbane but I have lost touch with Debbie as we have both moved around a bit. Tried to get in touch with Michael but he has left the Sheraton Mirage. No luck yet. Tried to ring Craig Smith a while back but couldn't reach him. My brother Jason works in the hospitality industry and saw an article about Craig that he sent through to me years ago, but he may have moved on by now.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 PM

jjb034 is on a distinguished road
well it seems more are turning up out of the woodwork......i heard karl hebbes is in brissy....anyone know what happened to jason forsyth ?????
am going to be in bris for the 18th may...need more details for the piss up..lol
please foward jjbuckrell@optusnet.com.au
Old 21-04-2008, 07:25 PM

So... who's going to the Bougainville reunion in Brisbane on 18th may and the PNG reunion on the Gold Coast on 21st June??????????????? Put the beer on ice, Rufus, I hope you're up to a big day/night on the turps...
Old 21-07-2008, 05:47 PM

To all you old Bougainville Brats here are a couple of links to web sites with information on Bougainville.

www.bougainville-copper.eu this links provides recent photos and video footage of Bougainville and the Panguna Copper Mine.

www.bougainvilleblue.com this link is a book that was written about the conflict on Bougainville.

Enjoy

Ricky Hall (aka Van Kempen)
Old 23-07-2008, 06:34 AM

nette is on a distinguished road
Thanks Ricky,
I'll have a look after work today.
Annette