Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Finding (Old) Friends

Finding (Old) Friends Come here if you want to find and catch up with your old friends. Also try the School Forums if your friend was associated with one.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:16 PM

AliB73 is on a distinguished road
Hi Samuel.. I was there in 1986.. finnished end of that year. Alice Bosak... Mr Holtzknect was HM.. don't know if you remember me but I was in his class.. year 6.. I use to keep in contact with Jennifer Stang all the time but time has got away again. Does anyone remember Bridget Paterson .. she was like one of my besties at the school.. she was from New Zealand... Can't find Jennifer and Elizabeth Goodyear ... And any news on Norbert and Susanna Borkenhagen? Was Mr Shuebert the one with the electric guitar?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:03 AM

Manus Island is on a distinguished road
Contact to Norbert and Susanne Borkenhaben

Hi Alice

Me and my familiy just mooved to Fürth were Norbert and Susanne live now.
Norbert somehow received the message that you were asking if anybody knew their adress.

He asked me to give it to you.

Here you go.

borkenhagen@gmx.de

greetings

Samuel Schülein
Old 12-08-2011, 07:05 AM

I hope you got the message Alice.
I posted the adress of Norbert and Susanne Borkenhagen for you.

Greetings from Germany

Samuel Schülein
Old 21-09-2011, 04:07 PM

Karl_McA is on a distinguished road
I boarded at KLS around '83 or so, I'd have to dig through the papers to find dates. An English speaker, I think I was the first Canadian (may be wrong) name was Karl Luger. Matron Kraus (sp) took care of us boys, the girls' Matron was a blonde Aussie woman who played guitar. Mr Wild took care of most of the German lessons, and would scream "it's Vilt, Vilt!" whenever we mispronounced his name. We were rather naughty in that regard. There was a German maths teacher for a bit, his office was next to carpentry? He is the only person I've met who can solve a Rubik's cube in seconds.
Grass sleds, both building and riding at break neck speeds, the underground fort behind the dorms, playing with the old blitz wagon parked between the boy's dorm and the gym. Trips out of bounds were with Claus, a large German man married to a petite woman. He served as a sort of caretaker/handyman I think, with dubius results. But he was great with us boys. I can remember a few names, Heidi B who was Aussie and Heidi S(sharpe?) who was American. Cathy rode the flight out with me - who doesn't remember the airstrip?- Markus S(?) was in my bunk room. The names will filter thru with proding, I arrived mid year so there was a bit of cross over.
Old 15-05-2013, 01:22 AM

Norbert Borkenhagen has died

Dear Friends and Schoolmates

He was a very special person and he had to leave to early.
Norbert has died on the 14 th of July 2012.

I just wanted all of you who knew him to know.

greetings.

pleas remember Susanne in your prayers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Norbert.pdf (91.5 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Manus Island; 15-05-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Old 30-05-2014, 11:47 PM

Stefan is on a distinguished road
i am not sure

Hallo Karl, i was 1983 in KLS. I remebert that you had a canadian flag behind your bed.

Do you remember some of this names?

My name is Stefan Arnold

Christoph Urschitz
Markus Strauss
Michael Strauss
Joahannes Lipmann
Arndt Schrader
Ingo Schrader

By Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_McA View Post
I boarded at KLS around '83 or so, I'd have to dig through the papers to find dates. An English speaker, I think I was the first Canadian (may be wrong) name was Karl Luger. Matron Kraus (sp) took care of us boys, the girls' Matron was a blonde Aussie woman who played guitar. Mr Wild took care of most of the German lessons, and would scream "it's Vilt, Vilt!" whenever we mispronounced his name. We were rather naughty in that regard. There was a German maths teacher for a bit, his office was next to carpentry? He is the only person I've met who can solve a Rubik's cube in seconds.
Grass sleds, both building and riding at break neck speeds, the underground fort behind the dorms, playing with the old blitz wagon parked between the boy's dorm and the gym. Trips out of bounds were with Claus, a large German man married to a petite woman. He served as a sort of caretaker/handyman I think, with dubius results. But he was great with us boys. I can remember a few names, Heidi B who was Aussie and Heidi S(sharpe?) who was American. Cathy rode the flight out with me - who doesn't remember the airstrip?- Markus S(?) was in my bunk room. The names will filter thru with proding, I arrived mid year so there was a bit of cross over.
Old 13-06-2014, 10:51 PM

philaustine is on a distinguished road
Hello, I went to KLS in 1978 and 79 ... anyone there then?
Old 24-12-2014, 03:03 PM

kangarubicon is on a distinguished road
My uncles would have gone to KLS at that time the Villegas brothers
Old 27-03-2018, 02:31 AM

EMaurerU is on a distinguished road
Samuel,
I believe I was there around the same time, with my brother Christopher. We were the only American kids when we were there. I believe it was around 1988? Our last name was Maurer. I fell and broke my arm while I was there. Not sure if you remember that or not?
Emily
Old 27-03-2018, 03:00 AM

EMaurerU is on a distinguished road
Kathy,
I remember your siblings. I attended KLS with my brother Christopher around 1988 ish? I was so sorry to hear that your brother David passed away. My brother was friends with him and John.

Emily (Maurer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrty View Post
OH MY GOSH!!

i remember these pictures
1st one PICTURE IS (NOT IN ORDER)is mathew, Eugene, Ezikeil, seaN, CRAIG, LARISSA., EMMA,JUIE,LYNNETTE, LYNN,JULIANNA,ESTHER,HENDRIC,RUTHIE, MR, SHUBERT, and of course the the brothers, nathan,ben and u, AND MY BROTHER DAVID AND SIS MALUO.

2ND, MY BRO DAVID-IN GREEN AND GERMAN KIDS.

3RD, OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL.

4TH, HE BOARDING STUDENTS -M THE BLUE RED STRIP DRESS

5TH ONE IS OF MY SIS lucy?? HAHAHA...IM THINKING IT IS BECAUSE OF THE CAKES, MY MOM USE TO MAKE WHEN WERE YOUNGER AND HER SHIRT IS THA 'NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK'- AAND SHE WAS A FAN BACK THEN.

gR8 PICTURES!!!