Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 04-01-2016, 04:02 PM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
AKA Sin Bin:
Episode 9.
The episode title refers to a sealed containment unit that Jessica placed Kilgrave in.
This is the episode he which David Tennant and Carrie-Anne Moss finally have scenes together. Just as Tennant had been the Tenth Doctor, Carrie-Anne Moss had been approach to play Eighth Doctor companion Grace Holloway but turned that part down.
Carrie-Anne Moss had been in The Matrix trilogy which at least with its name have been of interest to Doctor Who fans as Doctor Who had its own Matrix first introduced in The Deadly Assassin.
Tense the situations of Kilgrave in the containment unit which ultimately saw him being reunited with his parents that Jessica had found and who had ran away from him when he was a boy.
Ingenious on how Jessica got Clemons to come down to the unit.
After one of his parents got killed by his bidding, Kilgrave got away and amazing that Jessica realises something which made her smile.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:03 PM

Carrie-Ann Moss on working with David Tennant in Jessica Jones:
http://www.andpop.com/2015/11/20/car...-tennant-more/

David Tennant’s performance, so far from what I’ve seen, has really blown me away as Kilgrave. What was it like working with him while he was in character, he’s so truly horrifying so what was that like to work with on set?
I’ll tell you what, there’s a scene I have with him when I was watching him work and I was just so floored – he’s incredible. That guy just blew my mind because he plays such a diabolical, so scary of a person and yet there was a moment of such humanity that had so much compassion for this guy and yet never from a place of ‘oh I like him now’ you know? You don’t want this guy around you know what I mean? To play that character, and for me to be acting across from him and for a moment for me to feel like ‘aw poor guy,’ to have care for him – that’s brilliant acting. That guy is incredible.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:26 AM

AKA 1000 Cuts:
Episode 10.
The episode title refers to the number of times Kilgrave told Wendy to cut Hogarth.
However Wendy did not go that far with that number of counting as she was stopped when Pam hit her head with a heavy head which was enough to kill Wendy and thus ends this drama between these three women. Thank goodness for that.
Kilgrave decides to help set Hope free but of course there is a price, Hope in exchange for his father.
Interesting flashback between Jessica and Kilgrave and the former did look good in that yellow dress.
Things really got complicated for Jessica when Robyn finally finds out about her brother Ruben's death.
The episode ends with Kilgrave getting his father back but Hope killing herself. All this effort for Jessica in setting Hope free and it came down to Hope offing herself. How disappointing.

Last edited by Matt See; 08-01-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:17 PM

I've Got The Blues:
Antepenultimate episode of the series/season.
Jessica finally learns that Clemons is dead and was killed by Simpson.
Quite a battle between Simpson and the duo of Jessica and Trish especially since the latter took one of Simpsons' pill to fight him.
Interesting flashbacks seeing how Jessica and Trish met as kids and more into how terrible Trish's mother was back then.
Quite an ending with Cage's bar exploding and he barely getting out of it.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:25 PM

AKA Take a Bloody Number:
Penultimate episode of the series/season.
Directed by Billy Gierhart. Gierhart was a director on Torchwood: Miracle Day and with this Jessica Jones episode he got to direct Tenth Doctor David Tennant as Kilgrave.
Trish mentioned IGH as an acronym. It is common misperception that acronyms refers to any initials when it actually means initials that can be pronounce as a word. IGH is therefore not an acronym because it is not pronounce as a word as it just three letters said quickly in succession.
Part of this episode takes place in New York's Central Park where tragically that man under Kilgrave's compulsion killed himself when his mouth got impaled by a cutter.
Central Park with the statue made me think of Doctor Who: The Angels Take Manhattan as they also appear there as well as well as being the Doctor Who swansong of the lovely Karen Gillan.
Horrifyingly Kilgrave sure gave his father a motivation against sleep.
Intense situation at the disco and it was rather worrying when Kilgrave said something to Jessica that was similar to what Luke said to her earlier in the episode.
Oh dear the choice that Jessica had to make at episode's end.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:03 PM

AKA Smile:
Series/season finale.
Directed by Michael Rymer. Rymer's past work included being producer and director of the reimagined Battlestar Galactica and here he is directing Tenth Doctor David Tennant as Kilgrave.
Special Guest Star Rosario Dawson reprises her role as Claire Temple a character she has been playing in Daredevil. I discovered afterwards that she is not first person to reprise her Daredevil character in Jessica Jones as Royce Johnson had reprised Sgt Brett Mahoney back in AKA Top Shelf Perverts and I did not noticed him when I saw that earlier episode.
After Kilgrave's father gave his son what he wanted, Kilgrave disposes of him. It just as what Jessica said in AKA I've Got The Blues, Kilgrave's father was as good as dead when he got taken by his son.
The ultimate showdown between Jessica and Kilgrave ended with her snapping his dead but is he really dead. It would be such a shame if this does turn out to be the final end of Kilgrave as David Tennant had played him as a deliciously evil character.
The episode ends with Jessica hearing messages at her office of people needing help.
Notwithstanding that Krysten Ritter will return as Jessica in the upcoming The Defenders mini-series, if the Jessica Jones TV series does not get renewed for a second season, then the last scene of Smile would have been a good way to end the series reflecting its atmosphere. It goes to show that no matter how many battles Jessica has fought and won there will always be more battles to come in the very imperfect world that Jessica lives in.
Old 18-01-2016, 01:25 PM

Jessica Jones has been renewed for a second season.
Old 16-08-2017, 02:15 PM

David Tennant is back as Kilgrave in season 2 despite being killed off at the end of the previous season.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:42 AM

Jessica Jones season 2 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stDsgvFXikw

Netflix will release season 2 on March 8 2018.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:49 PM

Jessica Jones season 2 trailer released February 7 2018:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvnepZS26s