Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Business Forum > Tok SAVE

Tok SAVE We invite you to voice your questions or opinions on issues related to PNG. Serious discussions only!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-10-2010, 03:31 AM

angelfish is on a distinguished road
Tok Pisin - Help with university study!

Dear members of the PNG forum,
we visited your beautiful country and found only friendly and helpful people there, so I'm very optimistic, that some people here in the forum will help me with the following problem.

I study English at Graz University (Austria, Europe ) and at the moment I'm doing a seminar on how people express emotions in different languages.
As Tok Pisin has a rather small vocabulary many of my colleagues think that it's hard to express real joy, anger, etc. in such a "limited" language.
Please help me prove they're wrong!

My presentation will certainly be a success, because I'll show some pictures of PNG and tell the people what a wonderful countries it is to visit. But it will be a lot better, if you send me your contributions!!

I would like you to imagine what you would say in Tok Pisin in the following situations and write to me what you'd say either in this thread or in a private message. It's very important that you do not write polite formulations like in a letter. You should just write down what you really would say in Tok Pisin if...

1) you had just won a million dollars.

2) you made/bought a beautiful cake for the birthday of your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend and now you discover your little brother/sister/kid has just finished eating half of it and made a mess of the rest.

3) your best friend told you that his/her brother had a car accident and is now badly hurt lying in hospital.

Yu ken rait dispela, plis? Mi mas painim help. Tenkyu tru!

Birgit

Last edited by angelfish; 22-10-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals