Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates

School Mates Catch up with your school mates from PNG. TISOL, POMIS, RIS, POM Grammar, Bulae, and a lot more!

Old 18-08-2011, 12:36 AM

Kylie Turner is on a distinguished road
http://www.facebook.com/groups/201672679893762/

have a look guys - we want to have as many as possible
Old 16-09-2011, 06:48 PM

raylene lodge is on a distinguished road
Hey Lianne
I think I remember who you are. Do you have any photos
Old 16-09-2011, 06:50 PM

Lianne
By the way I live in Dunedin. What took you over to OZ?
Old 13-11-2011, 09:12 AM

Agh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulau View Post
Hi Carla...I remember a kid in Mrs Wong's class called Aaron. That was back in 1978 at Toniva. Wish I had class photos to jog my memory of who was who.

My my my... The things you find when you can't sleep. I started out looking at google maps trying to find where I used to live and then where Toniva was/is (no success) and then stumble on this site - only to find first my sister posting to this thread, then someone who remembers my name!

Hi Carla!

Hi Javan,

I'm Aaron - I was in Mrs Wong's class from 1977(?) through to grade 6 in 1980 when we left... I ran into Mrs Wong by chance in Brisbane about 10+ years back, and all I could do was grin like a fool! Suddenly I was 12 years old again...

I have some photos somewhere of an end-of year play (something about fishermen not being able to count), another one where I was a dentist (no idea) and a group of us playing recorders (probably badly).

Some names I remember are: Simon (English), Collette (not sure from where) and Robbie Pitt (PNG)
Old 04-06-2012, 09:50 PM

hey lianne my email family_fraser@hotmail.com
Old 04-06-2012, 09:52 PM

hi Lianne my email is family_fraser@hotmail.com
Old 03-05-2015, 10:07 PM

asarox is on a distinguished road
Hi,

My name is Sena Gapaise.
I am an ex-student of Toniva. I used to leave in Toniva at the beach side just a walk away from Davara Hotel.

I was really excited to read all your threads although you were all my seniors. I did my Grade 2 at Toniva in 1988 and my class teacher was Mrs. Harris. I cannot recall her other name. She was from the Pacific Islands, Fiji, Tonga I think. And I think I can recall Mrs. Back, she was a tall beautiful white lady who used to take us for swimming lessons at Davara Hotel. I can still recall the principal who was an elderly gentleman who use to take us for music class and we would sing in the class like "Tell us what to do, Mr. Wombat?", an Aussie song.
Some of my friends were Mathew Bolton (from Australia) and he had a sister called Melissa, a boy named Dean (with curly hairs) who was Mathews best friend who I also befriended, Patrick (from Bougainville), Kenneth also from Bougainville who was always telling us to concentrate in games (funny guy), Tony a chubby fellow who was half pacific islander, Ole was also a good friend of mine.

The ladies I can recall went by the names of Kylie Taylor, Louise ???, Fiona ???, and Walo ???.

I represented Toniva and took part in the cross-countries against Panguna, Arawa, and Bowo Inters at Panguna and came third. I think clearly recall Mrs. Harris cheering away while I run to finish. It was a very memorable day.

I attended only in 1988 and left before the end of the year for the Eastern Highlands Province of PNG which is my home province and I now live here. I still remember most of my school mates at Toniva in 1988 and will be very excited to hear from some of them.
Old 22-08-2015, 01:34 PM

JSA is on a distinguished road
I attended 1974-1976
Old 27-08-2015, 06:26 PM

LDrake is on a distinguished road
Ok, here are some names I have seen on this post (students and/or past acquaintances) from T.I.P.S.. In no particular order (Actually reading from beginning of this thread):
Honi Critchley, Simone Robson, Stephen Hurd, Jason Danan, Jerome Danan, Jocelyn Danan, Rachel Lodge, Lianne Phillips, Vanessa Strong, Micheal Strong, Damian (I think) Strong, Sherman Wong, Marissa Wong, Nicole Seeto, and Vernon Seeto. Other names to throw at you all (and maybe refresh your minds) Dominic and Collette Rose, Joe and Ali Daveona, Sam and Ian Mirana (now Nawason), Lee Thurgood, Timothy and Emma Burns, Kym Fisher, Michelle and Belinda Chenery, and Elisa West.

Teachers/Staff include Verity Wong, Mr Aktar, Mrs McAlies, Mrs King, Mrs Taylor, and staff assistant Mary.

Hopefully I have passed any audition for the thread (lol). My name is Liam Drake, brother of Louis, son of Helen and Geoffrey. We live on the Hill under Stephen Hurd during my early years at Toniva, but then moved down to the beach two house (on the school side) down from the Davara where the Burns's lived (and worked). I can't begin to recite the number of fond memories of times back then. Heading up to Panguna for swimming training in the afternoon, trying to get the fuel tankers to "Honk" their air horns. Boating and fishing on the weekends visiting Arovo or Puk-puk. Heading up to the fishing club on Friday nights, or the golf club.
If anyone is still monitoring and wants to contact me, my email is lgd4214@hotmail.com. I live in Townsville in North Queensland now, but would love to catch up via the web (or if close enough, face to face) anytime.

Api-noon all geta! Lookim yu!
Old 06-12-2016, 02:34 AM

dominicrose is on a distinguished road
Hello Everyone, great to find this thread.
I'm Dominic Rose and I attended Toniva through the late 70s early 80s before heading down to boarding school in Queensland. I'm in the UK now but would love to hear from people from back then- its been far too long and it was such a great period surrounded by some fantastic people.
Ive already briefly spoken with Liam Drake via email which was very cool, and would love to hear from others that knew us from those days. I can be reached at dominicrose@hotmail.com
I hope everyone is doing well, and I hope at some point to meet up with some of you.
Take care
Dominic

Last edited by dominicrose; 14-12-2016 at 01:19 AM.