Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates

School Mates Catch up with your school mates from PNG. TISOL, POMIS, RIS, POM Grammar, Bulae, and a lot more!

Old 25-07-2007, 09:04 PM

Mick Sullivan is on a distinguished road
To Paula and Liddy and Guy, I apologies for not remembering you all, I just relised it is over 36 years ago that we returned from PNG, alot of water has gone under the bridge.
I have been in the Army 30 years and still are serving.
I have great memories of the time we had in Port Morseby and Lae, some one said about the bus ride into Lae High School, I tried to get up the front next to the driver to be able to see out the front of the bus, any way. Any ideas about a kids of Igam reunion ?
Old 26-07-2007, 07:12 AM

lauwt is on a distinguished road
Igam Barracks

Hi Mick,

You don't remember me but I am from the Lauw clan that lived just down the road from you. I was in the same grade as Kerry at Igam primary. My brother's name is Liong, sister Sian and little brother Giok (who is also in the Army and has been for >20years). My father worked at QStore.

Anyway a reunion is a great idea. I also have very fond memories of growing up in the barracks and the bus ride to Lae High was always an adventure.

regards to you and your family

San Lauw
Old 26-07-2007, 08:59 AM

guymelling is on a distinguished road
Att John R Lucas

Guy melling was there at that time
Old 26-07-2007, 01:23 PM

johnrlucas is on a distinguished road
So many kids from so long ago...

These are a few names that spring to mind from the Igam days in the early 70s. Sorry if you're not mentioned - my memory is not what it used to be.

Raymond & Julie Sawtell, Terry Frost, Rory McQuinn & sister, John Barnes, Jan? Kline, Helen & Michael Harrington, Elizabeth and Stuart Waters, Giok Lauw, Guy Melling, Jaqui Falconer & sister (from High Tech)
Old 28-09-2007, 08:02 PM

Guy, Liddy,Paula and John

Back again, I have been busy with work, apologies for not keeping in contact.

How about that Kids of Igam Barracks reunion, How do we start the ball rolling ?

I had some photo's sent to me by a army officer just returned from Igam Bks after his unit did some refurbishment at the barracks, The church, HQ building and the married quarters, I will organise to get them on the thread.

Hope to hear from you all soon.
Old 16-11-2007, 02:54 PM

timq is on a distinguished road
Igam and other threads

I was at Igam - Giok was my best mate for a while, I remember him being kinda nutty. Sian, I think you were friends with my sister Penny, we lived at the University of Technology (although then it was still the "Institute"). I then went to Lae high, my last year was 3rd form, 1975 (Year of Independance).

There are some other threads here about Lae High but I'm having trouble finding them...

I have a photo of the class of my last year which I'll get scanned and posted. Probably on the other thread when I can track it down...
Old 17-11-2007, 01:46 PM

lauwt is on a distinguished road
Igam Barracks

Is that Tim Quarry? Yes my sister Sian knew Penny Quarry. And I remember the bus stopping at the institute to drop kids off just before we got the tar strip that ran into the barracks.
regards
San Lauw
PS and Giok has always been an individual...
Old 25-11-2007, 02:26 AM

JANN nee(COOK) is on a distinguished road
Hi All, I stumbled across this forum just Mucking around one night, I went to Igam Barracks Primary 1967/68 went away to boarding school for a year then went to Lae High 1970/71 then moved to Townsville where I have remained.

I remember a few of the names posted in previous posts -like Mick Sullivan, Sian some of the others are familliar but time has taken its toll (it's been a looooong time) Judi Walker was best friend at high school but over the years have sadly lost contact. Just reading has brought back alot of very fond memories and good times, thanks for that. Cheers and best wishes to all Jann (Cook)
Old 11-04-2008, 08:02 PM

To all from Igam Barracks

We have all gone quiet, we need to keep in touch and really try to organize a reunion, a must.

Mick Sullivan
Old 12-04-2008, 02:23 PM

Maz is on a distinguished road
Hi Mick, there is a png reunion to be held 21 june 2008 at Broadbeach convention centre, check it out www.pngreunion.com a good opportunity for not only "army brats" to meet up but any x Lae people as well, cheers, Maz