Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > School Mates > Schools in Lae > Bulae Primary School

Old 06-11-2004, 02:25 PM

bbc34 is on a distinguished road
OH my God!! I'm really so sorry. He is my big brother and although we never and still do not see eye to eye on everything on the planet, I still love him, even though he is still an ***. I see that you live in in Brisbane, I went to Marist Ashgrove for 4 years. I've tried to go back since 91 but life get's in the way. I'm in the US Army right now so it look's like I'll be in Iraq sometime next year. It suck's. I loved Bulae and still remember the Fete's and those nights that they showed movies in the hall.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:09 PM

Roylel is on a distinguished road
Thats ok Brian, I am not emotionally scarred from it. Its just a memory. I'm sorry to hear that you might be going to Iraq. Its terrifying what is going on over there and so many Australians are against the conflict but the reality nevers hits until you know someone over there or someone at risk of going. Take care of yourself. It makes us all sleep alot better knowing there are people over there fighting for us. I loved the fetes at Bulae too. I remember one year winning nearly all the raffles and my father (who was chairman of the board) wouldn't let us take any of the prizes home because of his position. I was really dirty with him that year.

Last edited by Roylel; 06-11-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:13 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Talking about Bulae Fetes.....does anyone remember the beautiful Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls that Bev Howell used to sew and donate? Well the same Bev Howell arrives this Friday back in PNG to walk the Kokoda Trail with me. Does anyone remember her children, Megan & David Howell?
Old 07-11-2004, 05:14 PM

MelissaC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by meri_asaro
bbc34 can you tell us your name?

Hi Mel C no that girl on my right is Sally Kennedy unless you ment the girl next to her. Leah might of been in that class but she must not have been there on the day of the photo. But i'm sure she's in my 4M photo 1980 i have all of them in my gallery http://www.pngbd.com/photos/showgall...00&ppuser=3429

RE 3W photo are you next to MR Hooper?

Don't remember the large snake killed to many brain cells but its amazing i remember names go figure. (i'm being teased about that all the time by tonester too) I just remember stuff like that but don't remember events as well though.
Annalisa
Hi Annalisa again, yes i'm fairly confident that is me next to Mr Hooper, but I have to say i hardly recognise myself.
Hi Leah, happy birthday for last week.
Melissa
Old 10-11-2004, 04:01 PM

AnnaZ is on a distinguished road
Wow, you’ve stirred up some memories for me also in that run down. I remember falling off a bench seat in that undercover area and having 4 stiches in my head. I remember the salty plumbs and gingers we used to buy from the tuck shop (you know I still eat them now and apart from my brother I know about 2 other people that eat them). I also remember the after school care across the road and our meri (sp?) used to come and get us, basically I can remember just running absolutely wild there specially when they let me in woth the big kids.

Other memories include: Nights out at the golf club – running around the golf course until it got dark, sleeping under trestle tables at the bowls club on movie nights. Some weird restaurant that was very red (must have been Chinese) and they would serve up fried chicken and it would look like a chicken with a mash potato head and peas for eyes (maybe that’s why I’m a vegie now) mmmmmm reading these forums is so funny. I find more and more memories coming back each time.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:30 AM

AnnaZ is on a distinguished road
…and a few more:

Going to Lae airport when all the RAAF planes came in, then getting blown backwards into a ditch when they started their engines/jets whatever.

My brother telling me never to ride over a centipede as they allegedly flip up and spray acid all up your legs and then they’ll fall off.

The ground drainage gutters running past the wards at the Lae hospital.

Shooting people from the coconut tree with our shangeyes (sp??)

Shooting the pawpaw’s and waiting for mum to scream.

The massive rock fights in the driveway.

Warm milk at Bulae….eeewwwwwwww

The road to Nadzap….made for speeding !!!!!!!!

That general store that sold EVERYTHING and nothing. Got to go there every Sat and pick out a comic. Papindoes (sp?) is it?

Oh and I do remember the preserved plums, paw paw and mango skins…I still also eat them.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:20 PM

MelissaC is on a distinguished road
Thanks heaps for the giggle, I remember nearly all those things. I havent heard the term goomy in many years. Aaahh those were the days. What a great life we all had growing up there.
MelissaC
Old 14-11-2004, 11:20 PM

sirisbabe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn
I learnt to swimming at Bulae pool.I remember the first time i swam a full lenth of the pool .It was a relay ,my legs were like jelly when i got out the water.
Do you remmber the quary ? I remember spending a lot of time there fishing and lots of times nearly falling in.
I used to live near a quarry (not sure if its your quarry) but mine was quite close to my home in Unitech. I remember swimming in it one time when the wet season had filled it - I shudder to think how safe it was when I think about it now!
Old 16-11-2004, 06:59 PM

meri_asaro is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Salty Plums

Salty plums, Dried ginger still eat them now.
Fags @ lae theatre during the matinee on Saturday mornings with Mr Smith
Tarzan, Bruce Lee, and any spaghetti western movie they could get.
Chocolate Flakes that crumbled when you opened them.
UHT milk or the full cows milk from the Swiss mission.
Stale coco pops from Anderson's
Little 4 pks of Juicy Fruit/PK
Driving to Kinantu for lunch then back again. (something to do in those days)
Also remember the dried ice in the nadzab creek after the races.
I'm sure we had Lau Lau trees and Star fruit trees on the school ground as well as guava.
Walking to the Huon theatre from Bulae as a school (what a nightmare) to watch water ship down. (I think that's what it was called)
Dress your bike up competitions on the oval.
Mad hatters parade in the assembly hall.
Rain so loud you couldn't hold a conversation
Thunderstorms in February every year.
Long Long man walking around town collecting bottles in his Hessian bag.
Fish & Chips from the take away in 7th St which also had the only Pac man game for a while.
Gumiing at Irirap & Wampit

Here's a memory photo for you. Does anyone remember this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg merry-go-round-web.jpg (26.6 KB, 409 views)
Old 17-11-2004, 03:12 AM

sirisbabe is on a distinguished road
1976 Prep N

I was just having a look at the class picture from 1976 prep N & I think I'm (possibly back row but memories sometimes play tricks) in it but cant find a 'thread' relating to the picture. Can anyone tell me who all the students are or where the 'threads' to this picture may be?

Last edited by sirisbabe; 17-11-2004 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Incorrect picture reference