Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Closed Thread

Old 27-12-2019, 03:47 AM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
6 x 11 - God Among Us: Day Zero:
Penultimate episode of season 6.
Written by Tim Foley.
The said day is when Torchwood has run out of water but Orr has become the unexpected source of fresh water.
Horrifying but also fascinating of Day Zero of presenting humanity at its worst when wanting to have water.
Amusing when Ng says about the big guns...literally.
Stunning revelation that it was Tyler who brought Colchester back from the dead.
Enthralling when God got surrounded, Yvonne being taken and shocking what happens to Jack, has the unthinkable happen to him all this as God Among Us is about to reach its end.

Reading on TARDIS Wiki I was surprised when it stated Sgt Andy as the Main Enemy.
Sure this presented him in an antagonistic but didn't think this qualify him as being the enemy.
Old 31-12-2019, 12:41 PM

6 x 12 - God Among Us: Thoughts and Prayers:
Season 6 finale.
Written by James Goss.
Enthralling situation as the world is literally coming to an end.
Eerie the emotions that Orr has here especially with the feelings of love.
Andy kills Jack. Didn't feel that happening.
What a revelation that Andy had been working for Jack all along and that he was his inside man on the Committee.
Interesting when a Stargate, Andy's description, turned up.
With the character called God here, it was amusing when Ng says that God works in but got interrupted by Mr Colchester.
Quite a climax with Yvonne and Orr sending the Committee back to their homeworld of Erebus.
For a moment it was thought that Yvonne was making a self-sacrifice and coincidentally a Flash made a sacrifice in The Flash 6.9 Crisis On Infinite Earths Part Three.
However Yvonne and Orr were saved at the last moment by Jack.

Pretty good how this got wrapped up with God now an ordinary person having given up her powers to Orr.
The season ends with a conversation between Andy and Yvonne and I knew where that conversation was heading.
Wonder whether this will be the chronological end to Torchwood with the team being forced to flee as they get the blame for what has happened or would there be a season 7.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:11 PM

The Dollhouse:

The Dollhouse is the second episode of the third Torchwood Big Finish season.
Written by Juno Dawson and released in April 2017.
This takes a break from the usual format as it featured completely new characters although Captain Jack still gets a mention as this presents the Torchwood L.A. branch.
The L.A. team is all female although supervised by a man Mr Beamish.
What makes The Dollhouse fascinating is that this all-girl team is presented in the style of Charlie's Angels and coincidentally the 2019 Charlie's Angels movie came out whilst I was listening to this.
The Dollhouse is a fascinating take on Charlie's Angels with the team in question investigating missing girls.
A solid story based on the said premise with an alien dose to it.

As a result of a tragedy this ends with the team deciding to go their own way and not take instructions anymore.
This certainly left open for more stories with this team but as of yet such stories are not forthcoming.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:07 PM

Outbreak: Stage Two Prodromal: Love:
This has Norton Folgate turning and what a friction he caused between Jack and Ianto.
Rather intriguingly the premise of love explored in this episode becomes very deadly as Jack due to a certain influence attempts to kill Ianto.
Quite fascinating and horrifying Norton's explanation about the patients especially the antidote for them.
Norton said that Jack looked like Boris Karloff. Coincidentally recent to this I had finished the Thriller (1960-62) TV series hosted by Boris Karloff.
Elsewhere it was funny when Rhys deliberately caused a panic with his fellow drivers including not so subtlety asked them if they know what a dirty bomb is!

Last edited by Matt See; 12-04-2020 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:12 PM

Outbreak: Stage Three Invasion: Kill:
Conclusion.
Due to the current state of the world, quite timely that I listened to this at this point in time with its subject matter.
Enjoyable way to end Outbreak with the cure being the focus of this.
Quite a highlight when Rhys having to get away from his wife Gwen who wants to kill him!
Quite a conversation that Jack had with Frances Godalming.
Before this conversation Godalming had been presented as a strong and ruthless villain.
However with this conversation it showed moments of weakness from her especially with her having no memory of her real name nor her husband Luke Palmer.
Old 14-04-2020, 04:00 PM

Incoming Message:

https://twitter.com/russelldavies63/...60583832674306

The message is by Yvonne Hartman and written by Russell T. Davies who created the character for Army of Ghosts/Doomsday with Tracy Ann Oberman reprising her.
This was released for the Lockdown.
It is not cleared from the message itself but Davies later clarified that this Yvonne is from Pete's World and was presented in Torchwood seasons 5 and 6.
Very enthralling message from Yvonne with the emphasis of staying home and what happens if you don't!
Old 23-04-2020, 01:27 PM

The Torchwood Tapes:

The Torchwood Tapes is an extra in Outbreak, a tenth anniversary release for Torchwood from Big Finish.
This is a chat from Torchwood creator Russell T. Davies, the cast and the production team.
Quite fascinating piece with the recall of when Torchwood came about with the TV series to its arrival on Big Finish.
Definitely enthralling how everyone involved enjoyed making Torchwood.
The Torchwood Tapes definitely made me appreciate Torchwood in more ways than ever before.

Fun moment when John Barrowman recalled seeing Julie Gardner in a mini-skirt and on a motorbike. Would have loved to have seen that.