Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Anything Goes > Entertainment

Entertainment Musics, Movies, Stars and Celebrities

Old 09-02-2014, 09:40 AM

Matt See is on a distinguished road
The Magical Place:
Episode 11.
[Highlight below for spoilers]
Quite disturbing to see how Coulson came back to life and what part Dr Streiten played in this.
Quite fun that Skye was forced to work on her own for much of this episode thanks to May.
It looks like Peterson is alive but he does not get a pleasant surprise out of it.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:36 AM

7 will resume screening Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Wednesday February 12 9:45pm.
Old 18-03-2014, 12:40 PM

Seeds:
Episode 12.
Pretty good episode that took place at S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy.
Quite disturbing revelations about Sky.
It looks like a new enemy has been created through unintentional circumstances.
Quite ominous last scene.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:02 AM

T.R.A.C.K.S.:
Episode 13.
Very good episode including when the train disappear.
Very well handled the revelation about the Carlo Rota character and why May had to kill him.
Shocking when Skye got shot.
Quite eerie the message that Peterson got at the end.
Old 17-04-2014, 06:40 PM

T.A.H.I.T.I.:
Episode 14.
Bill Paxton makes his entrance here as Agent John Garrett.
T.A.H.I.T.I. truly gets looked upon here due to the seriously wounding of Skye.
Quite unsettling on what Coulson discovered at the Guest House where T.A.H.I.T.I. was located.
Quite good that this segued into the next episode Yes Men with Elena Satine turning up as Lorelei.

Yes Men:
Episode 15.
Elena Satine plays the seductress Lorelei. For Elena Satine this is quite a step-up from the fact that I previously saw her in the Magic City TV series in which she played a call girl.
This episode also has Jaimie Alexander reprising her role as Lady Sif from the Thor movies and it was quite nice to see her here.
Very good episode especially with Sif and Lorelei being the hunter and hunted respectively.
Jimmy says that Benjamin Franklin was a US President. He wasn’t, Doctor Who unfortunately made this mistake as well in the season 28 story Seasons of Fear but this mistake soon got covered up by Franklin being US President in an alternate universe.
Oh dear May knows something that Coulson doesn’t as she informs on him to whoever she talked to on the radio with her saying “Coulson knows”.
Old 25-04-2014, 12:30 PM

End of the Beginning:
Episode 16.
Quite a shock that out of nowhere Ward shoots and kills Nash.
Very good cliffhanger when the Bus hijacked and Victoria Hand ordered everyone onboard except for Coulson.

Turn, Turn, Turn:
Episode 17.
What a cracker of an episode as the plot of this episode flows on from what went on in Captain America: Winter Soldier.
In retrospect I don’t know I would have figure that Garrett was the real Clairvoyant.
Quite sad by what happened to Victoria Hand here as it ends with another shock about Ward.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:38 PM

Providence:
Episode 18.
Grant Ward is the Torchwood’s Suzie Costello of S.H.I.E.L.D. as he is a traitor within their midst.
Making a brief appearance is Adrian Pasdar and this is not the first time that he has appeared in a Marvel production as he previously voiced Iron Man in animated shows including the anime series of Iron Man.
With his appearance in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Pasdar plays a different character as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is connected with the Marvel Cinematic Universe where Iron Man has been played by Robert Downey Jr.
It would have been interesting if Pasdar had been able to play Iron Man in a live action performance here in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Having said that if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s long-term future is secured it perhaps should not be ruled out the possibility of Downey reprising his role as Tony Stark/Iron Man in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
In hindsight it perhaps should not be surprising that Garrett wasn’t the Clairvoyant. Somehow that revelation of him being the Clairvoyant was delivered way too easily.
The agents discovers the secret base Providence run by Agent Eric Koenig (Patton Oswalt) and he was sure a jolly character.

The Only Light In The Darkness:
Episode 19.
The highlight of this episode for me as a Doctor Who fan was the TARDIS getting mentioned by Simmons.
In fact the TARDIS did make an appearance in an earlier Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in 1.7 The Hub:
http://shieldtv.net/doctor-who-on-the-bus

While still on the subject of Doctor Who, the name of this Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. looks similar to the Big Finish 50th anniversary Doctor Who story The Light at the End which was released just mere months before this Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode. Whether the similarity between the Big Finish Doctor Who story and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode titles is a coincidence really depends whether the love of Doctor Who from the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. production extends to the Big Finish Doctor Who stories.
The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode title refers to Coulson’s former lover Audrey Nathan played by Amy Acker. Amy Acker is the second Angel alum to appear in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. after J August Richards as Peterson/Deathlok in earlier episodes.
Quite a tragedy that Ward kills Agent Koenig.
Interesting on who May intends to see as revealed at the end of the episode.
Old 09-05-2014, 06:37 PM

Nothing Personal:
Antepenultimate episode of the series/season.
Directed by Billy Gierhart.
Quite a thrilling sequence with Coulson rescuing Skye and them getting on Lola especially the way they went down to the ground.
Quite a revelation when Coulson and May discover an old video file from Coulson himself in his report on T.A.H.I.T.I.

Ragtag:
Penultimate episode of the series/season.
Flashbacks from when Garrett had recruited Ward beginning with the former getting the latter out of juvie.
These flashbacks did not in any way make me have any sympathies for Ward.
Quite amusing seeing Coulson and May emulating Fitz and Simmons in their appearance when infiltrating Cybertek.
Also amusing when Coulson and May decided to take an entire file cabinet out of Cybertek.
Oh no when Fitz and Simmons are in a locked room when Ward dumps it with them into the sea.

Meanwhile Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been renewed for a second season.
Old 15-05-2014, 09:11 AM

Beginning of the End:
Season 1 finale and therefore contrary to the episode title this was the end of the end of the first season.
So funny when May came out of nowhere to attack Ward.
Samuel L Jackson pops up here as Nick Fury and a good follow-up to what recently happened to him in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Skye gives Ace a Hulk action figure. Rather than a general reference to Hulk I wonder if this is specifically a reference to him having his own band of agents in Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. In fact just like Ace’s father is Deathlok, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. has an episode that is about another Deathlok.
Very amusing seeing Garrett coming back from the dead only for him to be blasted by Coulson.
Surprised to see Billy Koenig, the twin brother of the late Eric.
Guess it was inevitable that Skye’s father would pop up here.
Wonder what Coulson was writing on that wall.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:46 AM

Kyle McLachlan will have a recurring role in the second season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.