Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Lae

Old 14-03-2006, 01:14 AM

Maureen Albion is on a distinguished road
Hi there, my name is Maureen Albion - previously Hayes. My sisters and I grew up in Lae. Leonie, Sandy and Gwenda. We hung around and owned horses at the showgrounds in the 70s. I have recently discovered this sight and have scanned lots of pics to put up when i get some spare time. I am going to try to attach a pic of my sister Gwen and I on our horses at the roundwater. I am also attaching a pic, which i think is yours and I recon that the small girl on the top row, second from the right hand end is me. we went to Huonville primary when it first opened and then it closed and we went to Corontation. I also found some Lae High School reports of mine that were not very good. Not showing them to my kids or I'll never get them to do any study.

Reading all the names on this forum brings back lots of memories and visions of peoples faces. Also names of horses below, these must have been people who owned Ramu and BoJangles after I had already left the scene. RonM, I remember you vaguely, I think you left just after I got interested in horses. Didnt you own Tommy the old drafty looking horses and sell him to the Johnstones? and maybe even Bindi and sold her to Bunty Targett and we ended up buying her from Bunty, she is in the roundwater pic, with of course Yarren that you would remember??

As I have attempted to save this several times, i had better do it now before my link drops out again. I will add some info and lots of pics soon

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: gif PNG_Horses_Roundwater2.gif (32.5 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by Maureen Albion; 21-03-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 14-03-2006, 01:27 AM

Hi there, this is Maureen Albion used to be Hayes, Just posted another notice on this thread - see for more info, but thought I would load a few pics which you may recognise

The pic with 3 of us riding was Gwen on Bindi, me on Yarren and Cathy Whale on Cheyanne. The one at the old airport is when Leonie was returning to NZ for school, I think you were about the same age as Leone, you may recognise us from this pic

Cheers
Maureen
Attached Images
File Type: gif PNG_Horses_Out_Riding.gif (50.6 KB, 228 views)
File Type: gif Llean-and-BIndi.gif (65.6 KB, 214 views)
File Type: gif PNG_Family_Lae_Airport.gif (84.4 KB, 223 views)
Old 20-03-2006, 06:18 AM
Cool Moderator

robbo is on a distinguished road
Hi Maureen
How could anyone forget Yarren, cool horse, hey i found a photo of you and your boyfriend at the time with dark haird (short), i think her name was Simone ????anyway when my scanner gets fixed ill post it!!!!! in the back of your car "binatang".
Old 20-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Cool Moderator

Cool ****!!!!

That came out wrong, the photo is of you your boyfriend and a chick by the name of simone ????? sorry, the other post came out all wrrrroooong!!!
Old 21-03-2006, 02:13 PM

The famous little sod of a horse Ramu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIG BAIKIE
yeh cheree i remember my bro scott used to own a horse named ramu and a little angry sod of a horse it was as well, it used to sneak out over the cattle grate and onto the road, i used to hangout with andrew robertson and craig stevenson and craig scott, i sent an email to your brother5 and didnt ghet a reply so i guess his memory is as shot as mine.
Hi there, the thought of Ramu brings back memories, here is a pic I dug out of my album with Ramu being lead by Mary Conn and Fiona Duff on board.

Maureen Albion (Hayes)
Attached Images
File Type: gif mary_conn_ramu_fiona_duff.gif (116.6 KB, 196 views)
Old 21-03-2006, 02:20 PM

Hi there, I too have some pics, here is one I found of you Pauline. The chick that you talk about in your other post would have been Simone Craswell, we lost touch about 20 years ago when she was in Sydney, have not been able to locate her. Do you know where Joanne is now days?

Maureen
Attached Images
File Type: gif pauline_robertson_lae_show.gif (184.4 KB, 182 views)
Old 25-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Cool Moderator

Lightbulb Ha!!!!

Ahhhhh those were the days!!!. Yes thats her Simone, I found some photos in dads garage a coupla weeks ago, and there is one in the lot of Simone leading me around, in the fancy dress, yes as a DRUNK!!!!!! god whod have thought my predictions would have been spot on!!!!! hee hee

No I dont know where Joanne is nowa days, last i saw of her was in Darwin.

Hey remember ""BIG TITS" Jo the one that always had her dogs at the showgrounds, i remember she tried to run over my sisters dog Murdoch, great dane x shepard....well they got into it.

Maxine remember her she was a cool lady, i often think of her, she lives in Cairns, and her daughter Lilly, (deaf) is a chef in Cairns too, they were lovely people, Maxine was my mentor.

Take care

Pauline xx
Old 09-04-2008, 01:19 AM

Sammie is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonM
I was in Lae from 1964-1982 heavily into horse riding, in fact basically lived at the Showgrounds. Went to Bulae and LIHS then boarding school. Knew the Jacobsons, Johstons, Pelgens, Vollerts,Tilleys.Utchtitz, Murrays and all the others at the time. At one stage we were having pony club camps at Dumpu and ERAP. Any body else there at that time?????
Was very involved in the Pony Club in Lae was there from 81-86 also new the Jacobsons Jephcotts Duffields Athertons Walikers Taits Davies went to Bulae then shipped off to boarding school.......Charlie Edmunds was my father and still in PNG
Old 30-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Cool Moderator

Was that???

Charlie Edmunds who married Bernadette with twins!!????

I really liked him he was a nice man.
Old 30-04-2008, 08:02 PM

Sammie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo
Charlie Edmunds who married Bernadette with twins!!????

I really liked him he was a nice man.
Yeah he married my mum (Bernie) and she had two daughters from a previous marriage. Sara-Jayne & Sam (Me) we are not twins though..........probably thought that though cause back then we were always dressed the same. Both of us now live in Adelaide South Aus. CHarlie actually in Morsbey now and has a new wife Catherine a step son Sam & daughter to his new wife Tamara they were in Madang for a long time. He still comes and visits us regularly.