Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > General Category > Finding (Old) Friends

Finding (Old) Friends Come here if you want to find and catch up with your old friends. Also try the School Forums if your friend was associated with one.

Old 15-09-2007, 08:58 PM

karendeguet is on a distinguished road
ELA BEACH SCHOOL 1966 - 1967 - Debbie Kerr?

Hi I was in prep 1966 with Mrs. Earl and Grade 1 with Mrs. Carrier. My best friend was Debbie Kerr. I remember the "Bloomers", we had to wear for sports, the blue and white uniform with the red belt. The Bull Ants under the Big tree and the long wait for the bus to got home to Idubada at the end of the day. Other names I remember from way back then are Christopher Brittain, Claire Corey, Hedley… the Slattery's. It was an idyllic time. If you are reading this and want to make contact email is karendeguet@bigpond.com
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 26-02-2008, 05:16 AM

kobokai is on a distinguished road
Hallo there,

I was in prep in 1963. For some reason I don't remember Mrs Earl very clearly, except that she was motherly. I remember reciting the alphabet and hating sleep time. In grade 1 Mrs Carrier (long painted fingernails) led me by my ear down the verandah to see Miss Keating. Mrs Jones (I think) in grade 2, Mrs Hogg in grade 3, various teachers in grade 4. Mrs Duckson (put an i in there instead of the u, stupid software) had been the grade 4 teacher, I think, but wasn't there in my year, Mrs Graham in grade 5, Miss Keating and Mr Clark in grade 6.

The lunch tree and the bullants... we used to call them 'sugar ants', because if you pulled off the body and ate it, it tasted sweet.

Remember the bubblers outside the cloakroom? And the dentist who used to set up in the library? Were you there the year Miss Keating made her film of the school ('Ring the Bell')? Girls playing elastics, red chilli bushes, burnie-burnie seeds, the tamarind trees on the hill behind the oval, the St Joey's kids going to the fish and chip shop for Friday lunch...

Fiona Mooney was in my class. She lived at Iduabada too.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:54 AM

switchsister is on a distinguished road
Parents

Hi,

Debbie's dad lives in Townsville.

Cheers

Cath
Old 11-08-2009, 01:20 AM

nick wennerbom is on a distinguished road
ela beach 1977

Wow I was at Ela BEach from 1977 - 80. Best years of my childhood for sure,,,,,Mrs Graham was still there then too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokai View Post
Hallo there

I was in prep in 1963. For some reason I don't remember Mrs Earl very clearly, except that she was motherly. I remember reciting the alphabet and hating sleep time. In grade 1 Mrs Carrier (long painted fingernails) led me by my ear down the verandah to see Miss Keating. Mrs Jones (I think) in grade 2, Mrs Hogg in grade 3, various teachers in grade 4. Mrs Duckson (put an i in there instead of the u, stupid software) had been the grade 4 teacher, I think, but wasn't there in my year, Mrs Graham in grade 5, Miss Keating and Mr Clark in grade 6.

The lunch tree and the bullants... we used to call them 'sugar ants', because if you pulled off the body and ate it, it tasted sweet.

Remember the bubblers outside the cloakroom? And the dentist who used to set up in the library? Were you there the year Miss Keating made her film of the school ('Ring the Bell')? Girls playing elastics, red chilli bushes, burnie-burnie seeds, the tamarind trees on the hill behind the oval, the St Joey's kids going to the fish and chip shop for Friday lunch...

Fiona Mooney was in my class. She lived at Iduabada too.