Papua New Guinea Forum  
Kokoda Trekking on Facebook
_ Home    Business Directory    Tours & Travel    Employment    Tok SAVE    Forum    PNG Photo Gallery    FREE Classifieds    Contact Us

Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > Your Story and Experiences

Your Story and Experiences If you have ever visited Papua New Guinea as a traveller, please tell us about your experience.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:43 PM

William Joseph is on a distinguished road
Hi
Mangitbay

I checked your recent pics, so I get the feeling its a tribal island.

People there are dressed always like that or was it some kind of a festival.

I was amazed to see a school building.

The last pic was truly stunning showing a man with a fish and the seperation of green and blue water.

Place does seem exciting
Old 14-11-2011, 12:00 PM

mangitbay is on a distinguished road
Smile

Many thanks for the compliments. To answer your question there, the villages dressed up in traditional costumes for a special occasion. New classroom was built though a generous donation made of by a British solider that was stationed on the island in 1943 during WWII. For that reason, there is a big celebration that took place on July 2010 on the island to celebrate the opening of the new classroom.

Greetings, mangitbay
The beginning of wisdom is fear of the LORD, which is formed with the faithful in the womb. Sirach 1:12- Pro-Life
Old 14-11-2011, 12:11 PM

Few more pictures can be seen on this link

http://www.panoramio.com/user/234676...d?photo_page=2
The beginning of wisdom is fear of the LORD, which is formed with the faithful in the womb. Sirach 1:12- Pro-Life
Old 13-04-2012, 10:10 PM

Kolir is on a distinguished road
Great articles and great pictures, thanks for sharing all these infos! I also found a very useful site about travel and tourism in curacao. Maybe it's helpful as well? I love traveling on tropical islands, it's like a real paradise for me! This is everything I would need for a vacation: palms, beaches, the blue ocean and cocktails!
Old 27-04-2012, 04:11 PM

aaliasmith is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangitbay View Post
Here are few pictures of the recent activities on the island in 2010.
These picture are really very nice , i can easily guess that you had lots of fun there .
Old 01-05-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolir View Post
Great articles and great pictures, thanks for sharing all these infos! I also found a very useful site about travel and tourism in curacao. Maybe it's helpful as well? I love traveling on tropical islands, it's like a real paradise for me! This is everything I would need for a vacation: palms, beaches, the blue ocean and cocktails!
hehehe. Yes we all need one. We are just coming out of winter in Canada so it would be nice to head back home...I only wish I had the money to do that..smiles. Thanks for commenting. matt
Old 01-05-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaliasmith View Post
These picture are really very nice , i can easily guess that you had lots of fun there .
thanks a lot for the compliment. Unfortunately, I did not make it home. My sister was there and took all those pictures. From the pictures, yes I would that....it was a memorable moments. The first time I saw the whole community did such celebration was in 1969 during ordination of a local Catholic priest..a moving celebration. The school opening is pretty much up there as well. thanks for commenting. have a wonderful week where ever you are. adios matt
Old 03-05-2012, 04:25 PM

aaliasmith is on a distinguished road
Really great dear, these moments are unforgettable , the time that we spend with our family and friends at nice places is really very pretty and golden time .