Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Business Forum > Tok SAVE

Tok SAVE We invite you to voice your questions or opinions on issues related to PNG. Serious discussions only!

Old 14-05-2007, 12:14 AM

Sukmini_Kombi is on a distinguished road
Smile Kwila To Harvest - Interested Loggers Can Obtain more information from me

There is a vast forest full of Kwila (hardwood) to be harvested in the Madang Province of Papua New Guinea.

I am placing this message to attract any investors that can offer good money for those logs. If any logging company either within or outside PNG is interested then it can contact me for more information.

You can request for more information by contacting me through this email address; sckombi325@yahoo.com

The files are too large to be placed on this website so I will send them to whoever requests for them.

Cheers

Sukmini Kombi

Last edited by Sukmini_Kombi; 24-05-2007 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Not enough infformation was given
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 16-05-2007, 06:00 PM

***Bloom*** is on a distinguished road
Hi Sukmini

I can assist you in securing a buyer from overseas. I just sent you an email.

Cheers,

Bloom

Last edited by ***Bloom***; 23-05-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 21-05-2007, 06:05 PM

I did send you an email so please free contact us accordingly.

Cheers,

Bloom

Old 22-05-2007, 03:06 AM

islandDIVA is on a distinguished road
forest full of Kwila you say....wantoks isn't it bad enough that all our minerals and non-renewable resources are being mined and exported for close to nothing, have we not been exploited enough??!!

what a shame, instead of protecting our natural environment your trying to sell us out! the financial gains that these logging companies will give you is only short-term!! You need to look at the big picture... our future generations are dependent on the conservation of our land and natural resources.

WE ONLY HAVE 1 MOTHER EARTH lets join hands in PROTECTING IT!!!!!

~ islandDIVA ~

Last edited by islandDIVA; 22-05-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 23-05-2007, 06:50 PM

Lightbulb

I think the people have the right to use their natural resources to improve their living standards in their villages.

All they have to do is secure a good investor where they can work together to harvest their forest and the investor should a long term plan to rehabilitate the forest so that future generation can enjoy the same privilege too.

Cheers,

Bloom
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandDIVA
forest full of Kwila you say....wantoks isn't it bad enough that all our minerals and non-renewable resources are being mined and exported for close to nothing, have we not been exploited enough??!!

what a shame, instead of protecting our natural environment your trying to sell us out! the financial gains that these logging companies will give you is only short-term!! You need to look at the big picture... our future generations are dependent on the conservation of our land and natural resources.

WE ONLY HAVE 1 MOTHER EARTH lets join hands in PROTECTING IT!!!!!

~ islandDIVA ~

Last edited by ***Bloom***; 23-05-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 24-05-2007, 11:24 AM

Dear Bloom,

I placed this advertisment on behalf of the landowners and their representative who needed assistance from me. I am working at Lake Kutubu, so I will let the concern parties know about your willingness to assist them when I go out on field break.

I am certain that I will get a good response from them to do business with your assistance.

Let us continue to work together for the benefit of the unfortunate landowners who need some kind of assistance from people like you and me.

Cheers
Sukmini Kombi

Last edited by Sukmini_Kombi; 24-05-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 24-05-2007, 03:25 PM

islandDIVA is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Bloom***
I think the people have the right to use their natural resources to improve their living standards in their villages.

All they have to do is secure a good investor where they can work together to harvest their forest and the investor should a long term plan to rehabilitate the forest so that future generation can enjoy the same privilege too.

Cheers,

Bloom
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
your point is valid!...however, i must remind you that logging in PNG has and continues to have a negative social impact.unfortunately, it is failing to contribute to the long-term economic success of most PNGeans.

while logging in Papua New Guinea is bringing short-term cash incomes to local resource owners, these are quickly dissipated and, in general, have not delivered lasting, long-term benefits to the community, such as permanent infrastructure and other services.

furthermore, employment and other ‘spin-off' benefits are usually taken by outside workers. salaries and working conditions are generally very poor and have been officially described in one report as 'modern day slavery.

while our government and its regulatory institutions have all the necessary policies, laws and regulations to ensure that sustainable timber production can be achieved, these laws are not being enforced by the foreign and domestic timber companies.

regrettably, it has been well documented that the industry is allowed to ignore PNG laws and, in fact, gains preferential treatment in many cases, while the rural poor are left to suffer the social and environmental consequences of an industry that operates largely outside the regulatory system.

essentially what it comes down to is "Corruption"! this has a devastating effect on the living standards in the area as well as the long-term benefits for landowners.

~ islanddiva ~

Last edited by islandDIVA; 24-05-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Old 25-05-2007, 11:24 AM

Guys,

Instead of debating over this issue, why don't you offer some useful suggestions that I can bring them up to the concern parties for consideration. Debating over the issue will not help us find a solution.

Please offer your pros and cons for the poor landowners to analyze the likely negative impacts and the benefits that the investment will bring to them.

Cheers
Sukmini Kombi