Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Business Forum > Tok SAVE

Tok SAVE We invite you to voice your questions or opinions on issues related to PNG. Serious discussions only!

Old 01-09-2010, 08:51 AM

wilsonowen is on a distinguished road
Caution - Crooked PNG Traders

I'd like to caution people against doing business with Konena 7's Trading in Wewak. The operation promotes iteself widely on the internet on trade sites as a major exporter of vanilla beans. I paid Konena 7's operation US$2220 in June for a shipment - however nothing has ever been shipped and Mr Steven Konena who operates the company now fails to respond to emails, and has blocked phone calls. However we are aware through an Australia colleague that he was been soliciting business in Australia in late August. Mr Konena clearly thinks he can take people's money without delivering goods. People should not do business with him. Mr Konena is secretary of the Wewak Rotary Club - I guess he thinks that makes him respectable!
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 06-09-2010, 07:30 AM

Curious Bud is on a distinguished road
Well sue him! You have already exposed him so go ahead and get your money back. Some people think that holding positions in worthy causes gives them some immunity in being suspects of criminal intent.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:51 PM

Anyone Knoiw a Good Lawyer?

Oh yes - I plan to sue him, and I also plan to place the documents with the police and make a Fraud Complaint - clearly this was a calculated and intentional theft. No effort was made to refund any of the money - instead he has tried to become uncontactable in the hope I would sinmply forget it - How dumb is that?
Can anyone recommend an enthusiastic PNG-based lawer - in the Wewak area?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:25 AM

waymol is on a distinguished road
I too have been conned by him. Paid almost $4000 USD for vanilla beans earlier this year,upto now nothing. I hve had several emails promising delivery of the beans and sometimes a refund of the money I had paid him.
I know he works in the accounts department at South Seas Tuna Corp in Wewak.
I will also join you in suing him for the money he has fraudulently taken. Message me if you require any more info.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waymol View Post
I too have been conned by him. Paid almost $4000 USD for vanilla beans earlier this year,upto now nothing. I hve had several emails promising delivery of the beans and sometimes a refund of the money I had paid him.
I know he works in the accounts department at South Seas Tuna Corp in Wewak.
I will also join you in suing him for the money he has fraudulently taken. Message me if you require any more info.

I don't think he works at the Tunba company anymore - he's busy making a profession of defrauding foreign buyers. My lawyers are preparing an affadavit - we're now trrying to find a lawyer in the Wewak area to do the filing - so far no luck - so if anyone has a suggestion - pleas let us know.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:06 PM

email me at info@vanillamasters.co.nz