Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Travel and Tourism in Papua New Guinea > The Journey to Paradise > Goroka, Eastern Highlands Province

Goroka, Eastern Highlands Province Enjoy a cooler climate

Old 14-11-2017, 06:32 PM

lilyoliver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie View Post
Welcome to Goroka, Eastern Highlands of Papua New Guinea. Sorry Not Sorry lyrics

A picturesque town clustered around an airstrip, now a commercial centre for the coffee industry, Goroka town was established in the early 1950's as an administrative outpost.

Goroka Airport :
It may not be so flash a town, but has to be the friendliest one, the climate is absolutely wonderful. My parents moved there late '80s and I live there now. Thanks Aussie for the pics...kinda makes me home sick. Cheers!