Go Back   Papua New Guinea Forum > Living in Papua New Guinea > Port Moresby

Old 01-01-2009, 06:07 PM

laetitia is on a distinguished road
Medical student in POM for 4 weeks

Hi guys, I cannot thank you enough for putting together this website as I have found a lot of really helpful info here!

I am a female medical student from Sydney, Australia and I am coming to Port Moresby for 4 weeks in mid Jan to do my elective term. Iam travelling alone and will be working at Port Moresby General Hospital and staying in the Medical School accomodation which I am told in on the campus and so quite safe...
I am aware that I will have to be careful about my safety and will not go out by myself or at night for example.

I am interested in things which I might be able to do on the weekends I am there... I will probably do a tour of Town, go to the Botanic Gardens, Koki markets etc. Is there any companies which run day or weekend trips into surrounding areas, or for snorkeling?

Also- I was wondering if anyone could advise me on what it is appropriate for me to wear, both in a hospital environment and during leisure time. I want to dress appropriately to avoid offending anyone and also to avoid trouble...

Thank you so much for your assistance... I leave soon and am getting nervous!
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals
Old 02-01-2009, 04:24 PM

BT50 is on a distinguished road
Hi Laetitia, Lots of questions best answered by phone. Some very important things you need to know before coming over. Iíve recently moved to Port Moresby, moved from the Gold Coast and have been here for 3 months. Iím working with a local Car Dealership which provides safe accommodation which I think would be the key issue whilst living here. Youíre more than welcome to stay. I have a unit overlooking the Port with plenty of room. You will have lots of fun when you get here, if youíre not too busy! Rob

Last edited by BT50; 08-01-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 21-01-2009, 04:57 PM

seeker is on a distinguished road
Smile

Miss Laetitia I would be wary of staying in the student accomodation. Do yourself a favour and look at the offer the other person has offered.

I would take the offer of the more secure lodgings. If BT50 works for the company I am thinking of (there are very few caryards that offer secure accomodation) the units that they occupy are very nice and very secure.
I have travelling in PNG for the last two and a half years and what I have found is the kids are the worst
Old 09-11-2017, 12:26 AM

William901 is on a distinguished road
thanks

hi there! Itís great site. so many topics and opinions. I used to read, basically https://www.washingtonpost.com but now your site one of my favorites. Thank you!