View Single Post
Old 21-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
No Papua New Guinea, be a Koiarian or Orokaivan, has thoroughly researched and documented the experiences of the native aspects of the Kokoda Trail Campaign. But I have, and I have already written 25 papers on various episodes of the Kokoda Trail Campaign.

No Papua New Guinea has recognised the sacrifices and contributions made by the Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels and made representations to both the Papua New Guinea and the Australian Governments but I have and I have already recommended Raphael Oimbari, Sergeant Benjamin Moide and the Koiarian carrier Batia Lega Oagi of Efogi Village to the Papua New Guinea Government for Queen’s Honours and Awards. Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II has already awarded OBE to Raphael Oimbari, OBE to Sergeant Benjamin Moide and BEM to Batia Lega Oagi in 1994 and 1999 respectively Her Majesty has also honoured me with MBE in June 1999.

Papua New Guinea has recognized the sacrifices and contributions made by the Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels and made representations to both the Papua New Guinea and the Australian Governments.

Besides the efforts made by Australian individuals and organizations to promote and develop the Kokoda Trail, the National Government has established the Kokoda Track Local Level Government Special Purposes Authority under the Local Level Government Administration Act 1997 in June 2003 with the general purpose of assisting the implementation of the functions of the Koiari Rural Local Level Government and the Kokoda Rural Local Level Government.