View Single Post
Old 14-03-2006, 01:14 AM

Maureen Albion is on a distinguished road
Hi there, my name is Maureen Albion - previously Hayes. My sisters and I grew up in Lae. Leonie, Sandy and Gwenda. We hung around and owned horses at the showgrounds in the 70s. I have recently discovered this sight and have scanned lots of pics to put up when i get some spare time. I am going to try to attach a pic of my sister Gwen and I on our horses at the roundwater. I am also attaching a pic, which i think is yours and I recon that the small girl on the top row, second from the right hand end is me. we went to Huonville primary when it first opened and then it closed and we went to Corontation. I also found some Lae High School reports of mine that were not very good. Not showing them to my kids or I'll never get them to do any study.

Reading all the names on this forum brings back lots of memories and visions of peoples faces. Also names of horses below, these must have been people who owned Ramu and BoJangles after I had already left the scene. RonM, I remember you vaguely, I think you left just after I got interested in horses. Didnt you own Tommy the old drafty looking horses and sell him to the Johnstones? and maybe even Bindi and sold her to Bunty Targett and we ended up buying her from Bunty, she is in the roundwater pic, with of course Yarren that you would remember??

As I have attempted to save this several times, i had better do it now before my link drops out again. I will add some info and lots of pics soon

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: gif PNG_Horses_Roundwater2.gif (32.5 KB, 222 views)

Last edited by Maureen Albion; 21-03-2006 at 02:16 PM.