View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Somewhere in amongst all my training, an old friend from Lae days by the name of Beverley Howell a nursing sister who worked at Angau for many many years as the night superintendant asked if she could join me on the trail...wait for it, Bev is now a proud 65 and a half years of age but contrary to myself still works in a hospital 3 days a week so is used to being on her feet for long periods. Bev soon joined my private trek and the planning soon began.

On the afternoon of the 12th November, Bev arrived in PNG and overnighted at my home. The following morning we were up at the crack of dawn (the first of many to come) and headed towards Veselugo to commence our Kokoda Track journey. I drove the Hilux and Bev remarked on a couple of occasions, I could never do this, I could never drive a vehicle on this road. However, I loved the thrill and thoroughly enjoyed my drive out to the starting point. The boys in the back probably wished they had Gava behind the wheel but I managed ok in terrible conditions and we soon arrived to commence the journey of a lifetime.

Beverley Howell and myself Gail Thomas seen here on the Kokoda Trail with our guide and food porter on this occasion, Eric Uwea from Sogeri:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gail Eric & Bev.jpg (138.4 KB, 585 views)