View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 08:01 PM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
So at a Kokoda Meeting earlier this year chaired by Charlie Lynn, everyone in the room was asked to stand up who had walked the whole trail....80% stood up. Charlie then asked who would like to walk to stand up, I took up the challenge and stood up. That was all Russell Eroro & Eric Uwea needed to see. From that date onwards, my fate was sealed.....I was going to walk the Kokoda Trail in 2004 come rain, hail or shine!

During the morning Charlie showed a video about a group of students from Punchbowl High School who had trekked with him. I sat there and thought, gee what I have I let myself in for. Russell assured me, I would have the time of my life and that he would make sure I thoroughly enjoyed my kokoda experience and I would not suffer like those poor lads seemed to be doing in the documentary.

Ilyana Garap, Jessie Garap (our base radio operator) and myself take to the hills of Sogeri in training for my Kokoda Trek. Many thanks must go to Eric Uwea for his patience in walking me around town and in Sogeri to make sure I would make it to Kokoda:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sogeri Training Pic.jpg (71.8 KB, 605 views)