View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 02:28 PM

***aCe*** is on a distinguished road
Feature on the Kikori Delta

The sound of cricket fills the air. The sun beats down furiously on the inhabitants and flora and fauna below. I seek refuge under the roof that slopes over the old wing of Delta lodge in Kikori in the Gulf Province and wet my parched throat with a glass of cool water.

Although I have my little transistor radio tuned to the Community Development Initiative FM station, the crickets residing in the natural underbrush that surrounds the lodge overwhelms the music.

The faint but distinct sound of an outboard motor chugging down the Kikori River breaks through the dense sound of the crickets and the radio vying for my attention.

The peacefulness and the setting appeals to my five senses; birds join in the throng of sounds, a chicken crow somewhere in the distance while butterflies flitter gaily in and out of the flowers.
Apart from the voice of mothers calling their children and people chatting, all is quiet.

No telephones ringing and no voices blurring from television screens.
This is the land of time forgotten.

OC team The Ombudsman Commission officers chill out in the cool of the evening at the Delta Lodge after getting a belting from the hot humid sun. (From L-R: Patrick Niebo, Roslyn Pochelep, Andrew Sea, Esther Haro and Bonner Tito).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kikori 7.JPG (147.1 KB, 153 views)
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals