View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 09:10 PM

thornton is on a distinguished road
tpng

wow. just surfed onto this site. talk about bittersweet memories. my dad was a chopper pilot for crowleys in 1966. i had just finished school in uk and went out for a year with my parents and 2 siblings. couldn't resist the opportunity. we lived on boundary road, the other side of eric woos. after a year my family went back to uk but i remained. a decision i've always regretted. i earned very good money, had a job with comworks and lived in the hostel on huon road, a few rackets on the side, ended up working on the copper mine at bougainville again in hostels, all found, all money earned just pocket money. for five years in a very formative part of my life i lived mostly with alcoholics, played cards, boozed too much in comworks club, lae club, rsl, ansett club, etc, etc. hardly spoke to a girl the whole time, they were so thin on the ground. finally got a grip of myself by age 22 and returned to uk and sort of picked up on normal life, but all my schoolfriends were by now doctors or lawyers. of course, my travels were seen as romantic, but i've forever wondered what i'd have made of myself if i'd stayed away from the territory!!
cawarra claret and barossa pearl. be specific, say south pacific.