View Single Post
Old 09-04-2003, 08:33 AM
Pls help me to help PNG

aussie is on a distinguished road
Port Moresby Game Fishing Club - http://www.pmgfc.org.pg

28th GFAPNG NATIONAL TITLES 2003 - Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea - 12-20 April 2003 - www.pmgfc.org.pg
Email: pomtitles@global.net.pg

The 2003 PNG National Game Fishing Titles are to be held in Port Moresby. This is a prestigious event. The Port Moresby Game Fishing Club has the honor of hosting the Titles, from 12th April to 20th April 2003.

The National Titles has evolved into a unique tournament in the South Pacific game fishing calendar. Teams from Port Moresby, throughout PNG, Australia, New Zealand and other South Pacific countries will swell angler numbers to an estimated three hundred (300) participants.

Media coverage will be for both domestic and international distribution. EMTV will produce lead up promotional advertising to be run daily in the first three (3) months of 2003. During the Titles EMTV are providing, onboard crews, nightly score updates, flash footage and promotion in their evening Sports Report. (This is an excellent opportunity for sponsors to gain maximum, consistent coverage to their target markets.)

International print media coverage will be through the Pacific's world-class fishing magazine Bluewater. The event will be promoted internationally through Bluewater magazine in issues leading up to the tournament. Their Australian editorial staff will attend for the full period, fishing from their own boat, sourcing stories and participating in all events, both competition and social.

To provide additional information, upcoming events calendar, scores and progress reports, the 2003 National Titles will have its own Website compliments of Global Internet. Major sponsors will be included and featured on this website.

Update 11th April, 2003 :

Tournament Directors Message

Welcome to all anglers, particularly those visiting Port Moresby for the first time, to the 28th GFAPNG National Game Fishing Titles.

To all anglers good luck and I hope the wind gods will stay away and the fish gods will prevail.

I wish to take this opportunity to thank my Titles Committee for the effort they have put in to make this event happen and also the many volunteers who will contribute to make this event happen.

A big thanks to the Royal Papua Yacht Club for backing the Titles with the full support of the staff and the use of the magnificent facility that is the RPYC Club premises. I am sure that you would agree that they are second to none.

I would also like to acknowledge the generous support of our sponsors, as without them we could not stage this prestigious event.

To all I wish you a happy and safe stay here in the capital. I am sure I will catch up with many of you over a beer or two during the Titles.

Ken Webber
Tournament Director
28th GFAPNG National Titles.

Port Moresby gears up for Titles

A quiet hum has descended over the game fishing fraternity in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, as anglers and skippers prepare themselves for the 2003 GFAPNG National Game Fishing Titles.

Tournament Director, Ken Webber, expects 250 anglers to fish over the 10 days of the Tournament.

“With the late arrival of our wet season conditions should hold right through to the end Titles on the 20th of April. Anglers are enjoying a solid run of yellow fin tuna at present with fish to 70kg being landed. Some nice mackerel, mahi mahi and wahoo have also crossed the scales. The Laurabada blows Nor’ West and off-shore in Port Moresby making sea conditions ideal for fishos,” said Webber.

Venue for the Titles is the Royal Papua Yacht Club on the fore shore of Fairfax Harbour adjacent to the City centre. The Port Moresby Game Fishing Club gantry facility is located within the RPYC Marina. The Yacht Club boasts some 1600 members with a marina fleet of over 200 craft of all types. The members of the Port Moresby Game Fishing Club form a large part of the fleet with ‘A’ Finger the fishos hang out.

Sponsorship for the 2003 Tiles has been strong with Shimano, Mobil Oil and PNG internet provider Global Technologies sharing the naming rights to the Tournament. The Tournament Committee reports that all categories on the Trophy list have been filled with sponsors taking a range of gold, silver and bronze packages. With 42 line class, team and boat categories the prize list is impressive.

Local Mazda distributor PNG Motors hosts the Billfish Shootout held on the Wednesday of Tournament week. A straight heaviest fish event, teams via for share of the estimated K25,000.00 cash prize pool. The top weight marlin that defeats the Port Moresby record of 282kg, a black, set by local angler David Bryan, will pick up the winning team a brand new Mazda ute along with the cash. Anglers choosing to release billfish are also rewarded with tagged fish receiving a cash prize.

Along with some solid fishing action promised, the after hours activities have been planned with an evening function each night right through the Tournament. Anglers have been tested to the limit of their endurance both on and off the water by the hospitality that is shown the visitors and guests alike.

The Tournament web site – www.pmgfc.org.pg - has complete details on the 2003 GFAPNG National Game Fishing Titles and progress reports on each days fishing will be posted to the site.

EMTV will be featuring the daily results each evening and live crosses to the Tournament headquarters are planned to keep competitors up-to-date. Heli Niugini will have their Bell helicopter on location in Port Moresby for the duration of the National Titles and they hope to be able to capture some the spectacular footage that only game fishing can provide.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg brett2500.jpg (49.6 KB, 1749 views)
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals