View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 06:07 PM

laetitia is on a distinguished road
Medical student in POM for 4 weeks

Hi guys, I cannot thank you enough for putting together this website as I have found a lot of really helpful info here!

I am a female medical student from Sydney, Australia and I am coming to Port Moresby for 4 weeks in mid Jan to do my elective term. Iam travelling alone and will be working at Port Moresby General Hospital and staying in the Medical School accomodation which I am told in on the campus and so quite safe...
I am aware that I will have to be careful about my safety and will not go out by myself or at night for example.

I am interested in things which I might be able to do on the weekends I am there... I will probably do a tour of Town, go to the Botanic Gardens, Koki markets etc. Is there any companies which run day or weekend trips into surrounding areas, or for snorkeling?

Also- I was wondering if anyone could advise me on what it is appropriate for me to wear, both in a hospital environment and during leisure time. I want to dress appropriately to avoid offending anyone and also to avoid trouble...

Thank you so much for your assistance... I leave soon and am getting nervous!
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread

HotelsCombined.com - Pack full of the best deals