Papua New Guinea Forum

Papua New Guinea Forum (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lae (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Trying to find Sonia, Natasha, Rebecca Kenny-From Lae (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17758)

cheree kearney 30-10-2006 10:53 PM

Trying to find Sonia, Natasha, Rebecca Kenny-From Lae

Just wanted to know if anybody out there knows the whereabouts of the Kenny family?? Their parents names are Lance and Maree. They lived in Lae in the early 80's. Hoping someone out there has a lead on where they are now. :)

MarioBrazdMatos 20-11-2006 05:14 AM

What a coincidence

Hi Cheree,

That's really a fantastic coincidence, though I must say that I can't quite answer your question. I lived with the Kenny's in 1985 and was fooling around with google on my mobile phone when I found your question on the web.

I'd be very interested to get back in touch with them as well. They where my "school week family" as my father was working at Ramu Sugar, 200kms towards Madang. I had a great time with them, though I never really got to know the other two Kenny's very well (Rebecca's sisters) as they where studying in NZ.

Do let me know if you manage to get in touch, you've now trigered my eagerness to find them even more! I will also try a couple of Kiwi websites to see if I can locate any of them... Will also post back if I find anything.

By the way, how did you know them?

All the best!

Mário

cheree kearney 20-11-2006 11:36 AM

hi

Hi Mario..we might find them yet then?? Nice to hear from you.. I was best friends with Sonia Kenny, and also knew the other two younger sisters as I stayed over and visited them a bit. I grew up in Lae between the years of 1972-1984 i went finish, and lost contact but came across Sonia many years later when her mum owned and worked in a dressmaking shop at Nerang. From memory Sonia was engaged, can't really remember much more, but fell out of contact with her-about 14 years ago now.. I have tried searching Google, and friends reunited etc on all of their names, and no luck as yet, but definately keep me posted if you do find them. They really were a lovely family. Cheree. :)

MarioBrazdMatos 24-11-2006 06:56 PM

Hi Cheree, thanks for coming back. I will definitely keep you posted as I would like to explore other web based search methods. Would you have any idea if they would still be in Au or back in NZ, or even in PNG? Cheers, Mário

cheree kearney 24-11-2006 07:21 PM

Hi Mario

I would think they would be in Australia somewhere, if not NZ, I doubt very much they would have gone back to PNG. Good luck, I've tried all searches I can think of. See Ya Cheree

kwaka 14-01-2007 11:21 AM

Hi there,

Not sure where they are now but they lived next door to us in Lae.
Sorry I can't help much. If you do find out I would love to know what Rebecca is up to.

Cheers

Justin Young

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheree kearney
Just wanted to know if anybody out there knows the whereabouts of the Kenny family?? Their parents names are Lance and Maree. They lived in Lae in the early 80's. Hoping someone out there has a lead on where they are now. :)

kwaka 14-01-2007 12:13 PM

Update

Hi,
I have just talked to my parents and they will get me some contact details of a family that should be still in contact with the kennys. I will send a private message to each when I get the details.

Cheers

Justin.

kwaka 23-02-2007 07:25 AM

Update

Hi,

Just an update on the search for the Kennys,

My mum got a letter back from friends and they didn't give contact deatils but have asked for this website address.

All of this tracking down down is done by letteres going from one country to another so sorry for the delay.

Will update you with more later :-)

Cheers

Justin

cheree kearney 23-02-2007 10:37 AM

Hi Justin, Thanks for doing this, just hoping that I can get in touch with them eventually. Cheree :)

Sonja Kenny 29-07-2007 06:00 PM

Hi Cheree - Sonja kenny

Wow, modern technology is just great. A friend of Bec's was surfing and came across your search and sent it on to her, and now here I am. I am currently living in Victoria in a small town called Bannockburn which is about 30 min from Geelong. I am married with two small children Rhys 4 and Anika 18 months. Natarsha is living with her husband and 2 children on the Gold Coast and Bec and her husband have just recently moved to London. Mum has moved back to NZ and is completing a child care degree. She hopes to move back to Aussie in the near future. Unfortunately dad passed away 3 years ago with a sudden heart attack.

What have you been up to? How is your family? Where are you living?

Cheers
Sonja