Papua New Guinea Forum

Papua New Guinea Forum (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/index.php)
-   Your Story and Experiences (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Wonderful Papua New Guinea (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11811)

Luci 01-11-2004 09:37 AM

Wonderful Papua New Guinea

My husband and I spent the whole month of September in PNG. We visited West New Britain, Goroka, Maimafu, Foketai, Wewak, Madang and Port Moresby. In many cases, we stayed in villages with families and got to know the gentle people of Papua New Guinea.

We have nothing but praise for the kindness, the warmth, and the hospitality that we experienced. We developed new friendships, and discussed customs, seasons, family life, etc. for hours and hours.

The wonderful people of Papua New Guinea is proud of its culture, and rightly so. The Goroka sing sing is a sight to behold. Thank you to all Papua New Guineans for a lifelong memory. Special greetings to our new friends in Goroka, Maimafu and Wewak. :wave:

Cheers.

muppie 02-11-2004 11:59 AM

I'm so happy to hear about your wonderful experience Luci, thanks for sharing.

Help4Girls 05-11-2004 10:06 PM

What's it like??

Hi there
Read about your interesting holiday in September. Wow! How brave are you guys.
We're thinking of going over and thought you might be able to help us. We want to live and work there. Anyway, the first thing we want to find out is how safe it is. Did you feel the threat of violence?
Did you go to the Morobe Province? That's where we're thinking of basing ourselves. What's the accommodation like in that area?
I'm dying to ask loads of questions, but will leave it at that and hope to hear from you.
Sue

Luci 13-11-2004 04:56 PM

Sorry about the delay in responding to your query - was still travelling...

I'll be happy to talk about the areas we have visited. I heard that Lae (Morobe Province) could sometimes be unsafe (as are large cities in PNG), however we were not there personnally.

Just north of Morobe area, there is Madang which is a very pretty and safe town, and is used to tourist presence. Accommodation (right in the middle of town) catering specifically to ladies is available but should be reserved ahead of time.

Basically, we stayed with families or befriended local people which worked well for us : this way we always had company or guidance/advice on where to go, how to do things, etc. Our personal items which were left (discreetly) in the care of local villagers were always safe.

What kind of work are you planning to apply for? If you give me more details about your plans, I could be more precise about tips and advice. There are a few charitable associations that you can contact either for volunteer work or accommodation. If you wish you may PM me anytime - I am home now... planning my next trip! (C)

We met lots of people in Papua New Guinea that were truly kind and hospitable. You must simply exercice greater caution travelling there than you might elsewhere. They are not used to tourists, and are envious of your goods - be modest, bring items to trade if you go to villages (rice, soap, tin fish, etc.), tell them about your customs as much as you are ready to learn about theirs.

Many sincere thanks to both Muppie and Aussie who helped and encouraged me to visit Papua New Guinea. They are doing a great job at promoting tourism in PNG - I'll be proud to do my share as well!

Talk to you again soon.

Boyana 07-09-2008 10:51 PM

:) People that have agreat time visitin PNG,maybe should put in the newspaper at home as well,so everybody will come and see us!http://www.pngbd.com/forum/images/sm...sn/%28h%29.gif

AARON45 13-12-2013 03:40 PM

I will be coming back soon thanks for the great article.

Sheli 20-08-2015 04:29 PM

Papua New Guinea is a Country in Oceania. The above posts will be prove helpful for those who want to go there. This is a new country for me. I never go there in the whole life. After reading shared article, I will there in the next month. After coming back, I will share my experience with you.

Kai 21-08-2015 04:05 PM

Sheli! I must say your decision to explore Papua New Guinea is just good. I am very fan of traveling. and love to hear about your experience and activities about your tour. Best of luck for your tour.

Sheli 21-08-2015 04:25 PM

Thanks Kai. I am sure, I will spend a great time there. I will suggest you should also try to go there once in life. Anyway, I think you also huge interest in traveling. can you tell me about your favorite places?

Kai 21-08-2015 04:58 PM

I would love to tell you about my favorite destinations around the World, London, New York, Hawaii, Paris and United kingdom, and lots of more. I love traveling and at that time I visit many places around the World, Now I am going to enjoy mybus tours in usa east coast with my cousin.