Papua New Guinea Forum

Papua New Guinea Forum (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/index.php)
-   School Mates (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Sogeri National High School (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2800)

Todez55 29-05-2002 11:31 AM

Sogeri National High School

This is a New thread for old mates who were a part Sogeri National High School in what they called the Living Years.

Catch up on old mates and latest Gossip etc....

Linette 02-10-2002 11:36 AM

Sogeri Contact

I have been trying to reach the school but the phone numbers I have are not working. Does anyone know the phone numbers to the school?

Janelle 02-10-2002 12:39 PM

Re: Sogeri Contact

Quote:

Originally posted by Linette
I have been trying to reach the school but the phone numbers I have are not working. Does anyone know the phone numbers to the school?
Hi Linette!
The Sogeri National High School contact is (675) 325 1095. :)
:beer:

Lilian 02-01-2003 09:45 AM

Aiyura National High School

Please give me a contact telephone number and name for the Head, Deputy and any teachers still there from the 80s (81-86) when I was teaching there.
Many thanks. Lilian

bahbah 18-07-2003 07:13 PM

Sogeri NHS A Sorry Sight!

I made a weekend visit to the good ole school on 29/6/03 and was shocked at the apalling infrastructure; and especially the burnt out buildings that had the posts still standing as a reminder of a school that once was a pride to be part of. Though there were some new buildings (dormitories, etc) and renovated office, the general atmosphere lacked the charisma and spirit which existed times gone by. I was especially moved by the disappearance of the traditional "village" compound and the lack of maintenance on the sporting facilities (basketball, volleyball courts and Aussie Rules oval).
I would only hope that someday, this institution that nurtured us into who/what we are today in our different walks of life will be given the glory it deserves once again.

PS: I had some great shots of the school but lost them when me good 'ole computer spat the dummy on me. I will certainly post some on the board when I next visit there.

(Ex- Sogeri 1985-86) :bawling:

bahbah 22-07-2003 02:20 AM

Re: Sogeri NHS A Sorry Sight!

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by bahbah

PS: I had some great shots of the school but lost them when me good 'ole computer spat the dummy on me. I will certainly post some on the board when I next visit there.

Just when I thought the world had fallen apart on me, I did a search in Recycle Bin, and lo behold!!; I've recovered some of those Sogeri pictures - the Rouna lookout, Koiari plateau, Crystal Rapids, etc, etc,..

The School Museum opening times are Sundays 2pm-5pm. The two weekends I was there, it wasn't opened. Note the state of the building and in the right background, standing posts of burnt down classrooms.

:D

bahbah 22-07-2003 02:31 AM

Trobriand Yam House (or lack thereof)

1 Attachment(s)
What was once the pride of the Milne Bay students who tirelessly kept the yam house in order, including myself. The emptiness tells a story of a culture that may be in educational institutions today - a forgotten or erosion of traditional cultures and values.
:idea:

bahbah 22-07-2003 02:36 AM

Old Messing Facility

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know what it is used for now; maybe as a classroom.

bahbah 22-07-2003 02:40 AM

New Mess

1 Attachment(s)
The new mess hall

bahbah 22-07-2003 02:48 AM

Koiari Plateau

1 Attachment(s)
The Koiari Plateau as seen from abeam the music classroom. Famed for the pineapple patches that attracted students to partake in the harvest at odd hours of midnight. The purpose??...to make home (dormitory) brew beer.
:beer: