Papua New Guinea Forum

Papua New Guinea Forum (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The 100 (http://www.pngbd.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43876)

Matt See 04-09-2014 09:06 PM

The 100

Pilot:
Directed by Bharat Nalluri. For Nalluri, according to IMDb, this is the seventh TV series opener that he has directed or eighth if one were to think of his direction of the first episode of Torchwood: Miracle, The New World as being Torchwood’s pilot for Starz.
Not bad beginning to the series which takes place 97 years after a nuclear war in which events ultimately sees 100 convicted juveniles being sent to the surface of Earth.
Certainly contrast that has been presented between the newly arrived 100 on Earth and the authority on the The Ark.
Intriguing mystery about Bellamy Blake.
Abigail gets a life sentence but what a relief that she got a last minute pardon.
What a shock that Jasper got impaled as that certainly came out of nowhere.
The end of this the first episode indicates that troubles are ahead for the 100.

Matt See 08-09-2014 06:53 PM

Earth Skills:
Season 1, Episode 2.
[Highlight below for spoilers]
Things are adjusting for 100 down on Earth including straight after Jasper’s impaling.
That vote on the Council was sure intense leading the Chancellor to abstain resulting in a tie vote.
Quite a revelation of Abigail’s plan to go down on Earth and be interesting to see what happens if or when this plan is carried out.
Quite spooky on who or what turns up in the last shot of the episode.

Matt See 15-09-2014 09:29 AM

The Sydney Sunday Telegraph’s tv guide of September 7 to 13 had an interview with Eliza Taylor on her role as Clarke Griffin in The 100.
The 100 sees 100 young people being sent back to Earth decades after the population was decimated by a nuclear war.
In contrast to Clarke, Eliza Taylor says that her survival skills are sorely lacking.
Eliza Taylor:
“I am rubbish. I need my creature comforts. I think if I was thrown into a situation like this my knee-jerk reaction would be to run away and hide behind the nearest tree until it’s all over. I’m not Clarke by any means.”
As pointed out by interviewer Anna Brain, The 100 is a strikingly futuristic take on Lord of the Flies. Ironically it is a book that Eliza Taylor managed to dodge studying in her school years.

Anna Brain also points out that Eliza Taylor used to be Eliza Taylor-Cotter, the Cotter part of her name having been dispensed with out of simplicity and co-star Bobby Morley also simplified his name by him shortening his first name to just Bob.

Matt See 19-09-2014 07:58 AM

Earth Kills:
Season 1, Episode 3.
In retrospect the flashbacks to Clarke’s father in the lead-up to his execution was something that was inevitable. Quite a revelation that it wasn’t Wells who betrayed him as we initially thought and the person who betrayed Clarke’s father certainly came as a surprise to me.
Quite shocking that just as Wells has been redeemed in Clarke’s eyes something very bad happens to him at episode’s end.

Matt See 20-09-2014 08:51 AM

Murphy’s Law:
Season 1, Episode 4.
Murphy’s law means “Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.” This law certainly applied to the 100 as they are still adjusting to life on Earth. Murphy is also the name of one of the characters, a very despicable one at that.
As a result of his knife being found nearby, Murphy is mistakenly accused of killing Wells but Charlotte soon confesses that it was she who killed Wells.
Quite intense this situation which ended with Charlotte killing herself.
Back on the Ark intriguing the preparations that Abby makes in going down to Earth and what a revelation about why Raven wanted to go down to Earth and what timing when Raven leaves the Ark.

Matt See 27-09-2014 11:21 AM

Twilight’s Last Gleaming:
Episode 5.
Bold of Abigail releasing the video of her late husband.
It’s too bad that the flare reached the sight of the Ark after the culling. A tragedy indeed.

Matt See 27-09-2014 04:49 PM

His Sister’s Keeper:
Season 1, Episode 6.
Interesting flashbacks to Bellamy and Octavia’s history leading to where they are now.
Also startling revelation of why Bellamy shot the Chancellor.

Matt See 07-10-2014 09:56 AM

Contents Under Pressure:
Season 1, Episode 7.
Quite intense the torture on that grounder who befriended Octavia.
Kate Vernon makes her first appearance as former Chancellor Diana Sydney and it looks like there was some manipulation that was done in getting her back on the council replacing Abby who has been removed but thankfully her death sentence has been commuted.
Starting revelation from Chancellor Jaha that the Ark is like the Titanic – there isn’t enough lifeboats to get everyone down to Earth.

Matt See 15-10-2014 11:37 AM

Day Trip:
Season 1, Episode 8.
The hallucinogenic nut plotline was creepily executed by what the people affected saw in their sights.
It is good that Jaha pardons Bellamy as surely that thread could not go on.
Shumway is arrested but gets killed by Diana. Due to the deviousness that Diana had shown before it is not surprising that she killed Shumway for his silence.

Matt See 21-10-2014 11:24 AM

Unity Day:
Season 1, Episode 9.
Celebrations for Unity Day was brought to a horrible end when there was a explosion courtesy of Diana.
Meanwhile on Earth, a meeting was arranged between Clarke and the grounder leader (Dichen Lachman) but that did not go according to plan.
Quite thrilling when the mutiny was erupted with Diana’s treachery now in full view to everyone and quite a shocking end to the episode with the dropship.